★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cannon Land - Action-physics-puzzle WIP.

11-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Cannon Land - Action-physics-puzzle WIP.

Hello guys!

I'm here to show you some of the work in progress of a game I'm working on right now.

It's called Cannon Land, and it is a game of physics and precise timing for cannon-shooting.

Calm down, calm down, it is nothing like Angry Birds!!!
More like a cross between Hook Champ and Peggle, I guess...

Any way, right now I'll upload some of the art over here. We'll have a trailer in about 2 weeks so we can show the gameplay, but I'll keep adding more information as the title develops.

you can read about the game's story here:
www.currantcat.com/cannonland

Cannon Land is being made by Currant Cat. It is the company's first project, but everybody in the team (me + 3 other dudes) have previous experience in game design and development, and we've been working together for 3 years now.

So have a look, tell me what you think!
Oh, and follow the Facebook page if you feel like it - it will be our main stage for content updates!

Cheers!

Last edited by gammabeam; 11-06-2010 at 09:14 AM.
11-28-2010, 03:00 AM
The sky pirate scenario looks cool. Have any video of the gameplay?

11-28-2010, 03:05 AM
I hope you've got an iPad version planned, because this game would look awesome on the bigger screen. Can't wait to hear more about it !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
12-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey guys, quick update!

Development is coming along fine! We are about to finish the game level features so we can shoot a trailer with the actual game running instead of a mockup.

Quote:
I hope you've got an iPad version planned, because this game would look awesome on the bigger screen. Can't wait to hear more about it !
We are already working with retina display in mind. I would love to see this running on the iPad as well... Who knows? I'd make an effort on creating a version / go universal, but I'm not the only one to take this decision.

Overall the game is running smoothly and we are very excited by the art style and the overall feeling of the game! I'm confident you'll like it!
12-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
The scenario 1 picture makes me want more.
12-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Hey! That looks nice!!!
I like to much the original touch in graphic style. I think it's a powerfull value.
The scenario 1 screenshot is really impressive. I hope all graphic style of the game follow the same line.

Christmas Mishap Developer.
- Luck is simply the meticulous care of every detail -
12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
The scenario 1 screenshot is really impressive. I hope all graphic style of the game follow the same line.
Oh yes the graphic style will be gorgeous!
We are still focusing on polishing the game objects, animations, and the first level, so we are a bit short on new stuff to show ya!
12-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Lovin' what you've shown us so far! 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Sure does look awfully similar to " The Misadventures of Flapjack ", probably just a coincident. Looks great though, good luck with development.
12-23-2010, 06:26 AM
need to say the concept art is quite impressive