★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Clusterball!

10-23-2008, 09:52 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
Clusterball!

It's out now. I thought it wasn't coming out for a long time. Whatever.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294395428&mt=8
10-23-2008, 09:57 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
It's out now. I thought it wasn't coming out for a long time. Whatever.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294395428&mt=8
gotta it wait till i get more money in my account

10-23-2008, 10:11 PM
#3
dammit i just bought Virtual Villagers.
10-23-2008, 10:11 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Atlantic Ocean
Posts: 665
Looks interesting i think i'll wait for some reviews tho before spending the 10 bucks. Or for the price to go down.
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformatPlanet View Post
dammit i just bought Virtual Villagers.
I held off on Virtual Villagers because I had a feeling something good was going to be released right afterwards.
10-23-2008, 10:19 PM
#6
I don't know why i even bother buying new games. rRootage is all i'll ever need.
10-23-2008, 10:30 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Looks interesting i think i'll wait for some reviews tho before spending the 10 bucks. Or for the price to go down.
Same here, I've been burned enough times to have learned my lesson. The price will likely be slashed within the next week or two, if history is any indicator.

Besides, I'm having fun with Virtual Villagers.
10-23-2008, 10:55 PM
#8
I would buy right now if I was certain that the price would remain at $10; since I know this is not going to happen, I will wait till it becomes $1.99.

Developers need to look at the app store and realize what is selling and at what price, that way when they make an app and release it they have an idea of what price people are willing to pay and avoid price drops.

I understand price drops are always necessary at some point but come on, how many of us have purchased a newly released app and the next day its 75% of what we paid. Its getting ridiculous in my opinion.

Then again I can't complain cause "I" being the consumer benefit if I decide to wait for price drops, developers are getting screwed.
10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
I would buy right now if I was certain that the price would remain at $10; since I know this is not going to happen, I will wait till it becomes $1.99.

Developers need to look at the app store and realize what is selling and at what price, that way when they make an app and release it they have an idea of what price people are willing to pay and avoid price drops.

I understand price drops are always necessary at some point but come on, how many of us have purchased a newly released app and the next day its 75% of what we paid. Its getting ridiculous in my opinion.

Then again I can't complain cause "I" being the consumer benefit if I decide to wait for price drops, developers are getting screwed.
I agree, but I think $9.99 is a good price for it. It looks polished and seems like it has great re-playability. The prices go down because people are getting cheaper and cheaper and constantly complaining abut it. A well made game for $10 is cheap.

Even if I don't buy it, I hope the price won't drop. The constantly lower prices is going to start scaring good devs away.
10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 259
I bought the game, and it's nice. The graphics are the best I've seen actually, very crisp and colorful. I haven't gotten past level one yet, but, I'm still getting used to the speed factor. You steer around and pick up the balls obviously, using your brakes on either side of the screen to control where and how you land, and you must drop them off through the rings to gain time. You can fly through the platforms if you're going too fast, and I've been able to use this to my advantage. Global and national rankings. So far, so good. I'm enjoying it. I'm sure someone else is going to sound off here in a minute to add more input.