★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dapple Lite is Available!

03-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Dapple Lite is Available!

Dapple Lite is now available in the App Store! If you've been waiting to try the innovative paint-mixing game, now is your chance. Download Dapple Lite for free!

Download Dapple Lite on iTunes

Don't forget, to celebrate the release of Dapple Lite, Dapple is on sale for 40% off for a limited time!

Download Dapple on iTunes

Still not sure? Check out the Dapple gameplay walk-through video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Owen
03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks! Definitely trying this out right now.

Twitter: @Zincous

03-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Thank you
I will try this out

Beta Tester
Great Games: Sway, Zen Bound, Rolando, Geo Defense, Trism
Quote:
Great app reviews at Apprickations.tk
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
yup me too. dl now.
03-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the Lite version Decided it wasn't for me, though.
03-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Thanks for the Lite version Decided it wasn't for me, though.
Thank you for at least giving it a shot. That's what the Lite version is there for.

Owen
03-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTrain13 View Post
Thank you for at least giving it a shot. That's what the Lite version is there for.

Owen
And if you ever came out with another game and Lite version, I'll be there. If you didn't have Lite versions and I paid $3 for this, I wouldn't buy any other games. So it works out in the long run

I'd pay $1 for this, though. It's not that your time and effort isn't worth the asking price but you have this for $3 and Ouch! for $3 and Diamond Islands (100 levels) for $3. So it's all relative
03-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Quote:
I'd pay $1 for this, though. It's not that your time and effort isn't worth the asking price but you have this for $3 and Ouch! for $3 and Diamond Islands (100 levels) for $3. So it's all relative
I can understand your point, but don't forget that the full version of Dapple doesn't have a level cap, you play as long as there are moves left to make. How long that lasts depends on how good you are at the game. The full version also features a 2 Player mode where two people can play head-to-head on the same device.

I agree that the perception of value is relative, but I have had customers tell me that they're still playing Dapple several hours a week even though they bought it a month ago. How many games can say that?

I'm not trying to get into an argument or even to convince you to buy the game. I know that not every game is for every person; it's all a matter of taste. All I can ask is that people give the Lite version a try. So I thank you for trying it and providing your honest feedback. I will take all of this feedback into account when I start looking at what to put into Dapple's first update.

Owen
03-19-2009, 07:31 AM
I was just trying to say me not buying doesn't mean it's not a great game

P.S. I'd like this a lot more if it followed real-life mixing.

Yellow + blue = green.

White + red = pink

etc.
03-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Quote:
I was just trying to say me not buying doesn't mean it's not a great game
Agreed.

Quote:
P.S. I'd like this a lot more if it followed real-life mixing.
Yellow + blue = green.
White + red = pink
etc.
Well, yellow + blue does = green in the game. However, there is no white in the game, so I see what you're saying there. Where the game does break the rules of real color-theory is mixing, say, yellow + green. In real life you'd get "yellowy-green", but in Dapple you get yellow. I had to break from reality a little bit to keep the game playable and fun.

To be honest, if people are going to get confused with the game anywhere, this is where it happens. It is something that requires a little bit of learning.

Owen