★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: - Nearly a half MILLION downloads - Now on iPad -
Doodle monster combines the challenge of a running game with smaller more traditional platformer elements rather than huge chunks of land.
Controls are as simple as they come!! One side of the screen jumps the other side boosts. No need to even touch the virtual buttons!
Unlock new monsters as you earn higher scores.
Unlock new themes to spice up gameplay.
Game Center enabled - Leaderboards and Achievements.
Facebook enabled for posting directly on your wall from in game.

robotsvswizards.com's comments:
UPDATE Doodle monster HD is free for one day.
It is going free today and will be free most of Dec 18th

Be sure to enter to win the FREE iPod touch 4g just for playing!!!

Doodle Monster combines a running game with smaller platformer elements.
(rather than just huge chunks of land to jump on)

You can also unlock more monsters and themes to spice up the gameplay.

And of course in a couple days have more fun with game center achievements and leaderbaords!

11-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Managed to grab a promo code for this last night. The game is surprisingly addictive. It's a half cup of platformer, three tablespoons of endless runner, with a pinch of doodle thrown in. From a gameplay perspective, you've almost certainly played something like this before. You move from left to right, jumping over pits and onto higher platforms, collecting berries as you go. As you pass certain score milestones you unlock different character skins and level themes. There is only one stage design, but the different themes give the game a deceptively fresh feel. There are also a handful of areas with branching paths where you can take a riskier route by jumping for berries or play it safe by going straight and forgo the points. The simple visual design looks nice and crisp on the large iPad screen. Controls are very intuitive. Press on the left side of the screen for a speed boost and the right side of the screen to jump. For those of you like me who don't read introductory screens and jump right in, you do not have to press on the exact on screen button. Pressing almost anywhere on either side of the screen will trigger the designated action. I did have a slight bug where pressing underneath the button produced no effect and I have already notified the dev about this by PM. It's also nice to have iPad GC enabled games right from the start.

The dev has posted elsewhere on the forums about how the original version of the game was, shall we say, less than stellar. I have not had the chance to play that one so I can't really comment on any changes between the two. I can say that, while this game is very simple and doesn't break any new ground, it is quite a fun little platformer. Recommended, especially for anyone who still likes to break out the 2600 for a simple high score breaking gaming session.

11-08-2010, 02:09 PM
The kind words and review are much appreciated.

During testing we had to many deaths due to just missing the button!
Thats why we added the ability to just touch the side of the screen without having to stay on the button.
But you make a good point. Why not just cover 50% of the screen for boost and 50% for jump!

The plan is to add a holiday theme and character after thanksgiving so we will look into widening the touch area as well.

11-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Well seeing as how Apple hasn't featured anything of ours
and iPad apps aren't as easy too find otherwise I have to believe the screen shot below is largely due to this community!

11-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I was playing this game the other night, and it was soooo incredibly addictive! I couldn't stop! Great job on the artwork too, I love the style!
11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Congrats! :)

You're also in top 200 paid!

Added to my wishlist Thanks for the review KoolKing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	25843  

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
11-12-2010, 04:02 PM
looks like we gotta wait another week for 4.2 though

Flangle Flangle Flangle Play No More!
11-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Fafner View Post
looks like we gotta wait another week for 4.2 though

I didnt expect it yet. I would assume there would be a dedicated Game Center iPad section show up first in itunes.

While I would like it to come out today, apple has never said anything other than "this november"

Personally i didn't think we would even see 10.1

I guess we'll have to wait and see. (Fingers Crossed)

Last edited by robotsvswizards.com; 11-12-2010 at 04:39 PM.
11-22-2010, 04:16 PM
After you update to 4.2 you will now see the game center option on the title screen.

Once you play a round your previous data will be submitted.
This includes your high scores and unlocked achievements.
You just have to play one quick game for that info to update.
Even if you die in two seconds lol

Keep an eye out because later tonight we are firing up our holiday FREE ipod touch 4G giveaway.
All you will have to do is have one of our game center enabled games.
Details will be in the contest section later today!

Holiday theme will be out around the first week of Dec as well !

Last edited by robotsvswizards.com; 11-22-2010 at 04:18 PM.
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Are the achievements separate or the same?

Meaning, if I have both the iPhone version and iPad version, can I get 28 achievements or they both share the same 14 to unlock?

Twitter: @Zincous