★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hurdle Turtle (99) [v2.1.1 - Online Multi]

11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Hurdle Turtle (99) [v2.1.1 - Online Multi]

My first application to be on the App Store. Developed using Cocos2D, this adrenaline filled retro arcade game will get you addicted from the first jump! Remember, buying this game will help support indie development and result in better updates and new games! Don't forget to review it on the App Store if you buy it! It really helps promote the game!

New version 2.1.0 IS OUT NOW! Get the lowdown from the TouchArcade article and get it from iTunes here!

Features
- Addictive arcade gameplay!
- Old school 8-bit graphics!
- 11 unique turtles to choose from, and
- 3 adrenaline pumping levels to race in!
- A banging chiptune soundtrack!
- OpenFeint and Game Center Global Highscores!
- Achievements!
- Intuitive touch controls (with lefty/righty option)

Reviews
"Super fun and addictive! Love his little turtle run animation. Been allowing me to procrastinate at work for a good 45 minutes so far"
- Jenny

"This game is fun and addicting I love worth the buck! Buy it!"
- Chazles123

Ratings
TouchArcade.com:
iViewApps.com:

Featured in New and Noteworthy on the App Store, as well as on Appolicious!

Last edited by Sneeza; 05-17-2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: New update!
11-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Picked this up earlier great little game love the 8 bit style

11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spentak View Post
sweet old school graphics man. Hey why did you make your game openfeint instead of gamecenter. I wouldn't think all these new games would be game center over openfeint.
Thanks! I will add Game Center at a later date, but the main reason is that I needed a leaderboard solution and OpenFeint offered it, along with a host of other features. Also, the amount of people that haven't got iOS 4.x is quite a lot, which also means that they don't have Game Center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Picked this up earlier great little game love the 8 bit style
Thanks! The retro feel is one that's been missing from the iPhone for a while now

Don't forget to review it on the App Store if you buy it! It really helps promote the game!
11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
This game looks quite adorable. I might just pick it up. Is there a gameplay video for it out?

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeza View Post
Thanks! I will add Game Center at a later date, but the main reason is that I needed a leaderboard solution and OpenFeint offered it, along with a host of other features. Also, the amount of people that haven't got iOS 4.x is quite a lot, which also means that they don't have Game Center.

Thanks! The retro feel is one that's been missing from the iPhone for a while now

Don't forget to review it on the App Store if you buy it! It really helps promote the game!
On my way to give a 5 star review now
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
This game looks quite adorable. I might just pick it up. Is there a gameplay video for it out?
There isn't currently a gameplay video out right now, but it's in the works

I'll be sure to update the original post when I've released it (Hopefully within a day).
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeza View Post
There isn't currently a gameplay video out right now, but it's in the works

I'll be sure to update the original post when I've released it (Hopefully within a day).
Hey thank you. Looking forward to it

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Whenever I get the opportunity to make a thread, the dev gets on here the next day.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Whenever I get the opportunity to make a thread, the dev gets on here the next day.
Oh damn, I just saw the thread :/

Sorry about that! Oh well, two threads is better than one, and don't let anybody ever tell you otherwise
11-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Hey thank you. Looking forward to it
I've put it in the original post! Enjoy!