★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tunnel Runner Early preview

11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Tunnel Runner Early preview

Hereís a couple of screen grabs from my current work in progress game for the iPhone and iPad. Itís still pretty early in development but itís already pretty playable (even on an old 2G iPod). I donít even have a name for the game yet (thinking of either ĎFlip Tunnelí or Tunnel Runnerí but if anyone has any better ideas). Iím guessing itís only about 30% done (thatís from the features for the game) at the moment and doesnít include any real polish and thereís still a lot of work to be done on the level progression of the game.

Basically itís a random running / jumping / dodging style game done in 3D and Iím planning on having some basic RPG style character progression to improve the players abilities.

The reason for showing the screen grabs so early is that Iím hoping it will get peoples interest in the game, get some feedback (good or bad) back from it which will help to increase my motivation (coming back home after a hard day of work, during these cold dark nights just makes me want to hibernate) and if I can get some good word of mouth, all the better as itís the first game Iíve done all by myself and it can really be rough going sometimes.

All been well Iím aiming for getting the game out for Christmas if everything goes smoothly so Iíll also be looking for some beta testers soon if anyone is interested?

Thanks for reading.

Mike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tunnel_Runner01.png
Views:	63
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	25595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tunnel_Runner02.png
Views:	44
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	25596  

Mike Moore (BadBumble)
App Store Link:
Follow me on Twitter
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Looks cool, I'll test it if you want.

Wishlist: League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh
Giftanapp: a haven of gifting for all who love apps

11-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270Kp View Post
Looks cool, I'll test it if you want.
Yeah. Great!
Can you PM me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you back and when I've got something up to a stage I'm happy to let people lose on I'll send you a build of it.
I'm based in the UK by the way so if I'm a bit slow at responding, it's 'cos I'm either a sleep or at work (or both )

Cheers,
Mike.

Mike Moore (BadBumble)
App Store Link:
Follow me on Twitter
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Lookin' good! I'd be interested in helping you test if I'm available when the time comes.

In the meantime, keep going, and don't get discouraged! Bringing a great game you can be proud of into the world is worth the patience and effort it takes to make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
11-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K76 View Post
Lookin' good! I'd be interested in helping you test if I'm available when the time comes.
Thanks. I'm hoping to hit alpha in about two weeks time as long as I don't hit any major problems (fairly new at coding so I can get tripped up on the simplest of things sometimes ).
I'll definitely post asking for testers when I've got something I'm happy to let people lose on it

Thanks,
Mike.

Mike Moore (BadBumble)
App Store Link:
Follow me on Twitter
11-08-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm interested in testing aswell.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
this looks so badass. like mario in boost 3d

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Interested to test. Let me know.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
11-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
I'm interested in testing aswell.
Great. If you PM me your e-mail address I'll let you know when there's something to play.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Moore (BadBumble)
App Store Link:
Follow me on Twitter
11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I am interested in testing too. Cough 2 devices cough