★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Vector Tank Lite Out!

03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Vector Tank Lite Out!

That's right, a free ver of Vector Tank is out, try it!
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Hmmmm....was waiting for this and was going to try it but from previous reviews it sounds like its a very short demo and not much game play.

03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
cool thanks
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Hmmmm....was waiting for this and was going to try it but from previous reviews it sounds like its a very short demo and not much game play.
It is very short as a demo, but enough that I know I want to buy it. It's one of the games I picked on the TA promo give away (not that I'll win) but I will wait to see if I win.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Quote:
It has all the gameplay the full one offers. Only difference is you have only one life, whereas full will allows you three lives so you can play on and test your high score prowess, eventually comparing with others online via leaderboard (in a future update).
It is a fab game.
03-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Perhaps then a bug in the game based on the current app store reviews?

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
03-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
Perhaps then a bug in the game based on the current app store reviews?
Not sure. I haven't tried the lite as I already got full version.
One possibility is they got the nuke and fired too close to the enemy and thus died from the explosion...? But it's a shame the lite is rated so low. I really do believe it's classic gameplay, and loads within 5secs for instant gratification
03-16-2009, 11:07 PM
sweet thanks for the heads up!

im trying now!
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
ok.......tried the lite. First couple times the enemy tank was within range and blew me away the first few times right from the start of the game. So not much game play there. This could be the reason why bad reviews...not giving it a few more tries. About the 4th startup of game I was far away from tank to travel around and get some bearing of the place and to get used to the controls which is another issue if just getting blown away within seconds of startup of game (have no time to try them out). But avoided tank on 4th startup and got to play around abit and after getting used to the controls it turned in a good game that extended longer than the first few and started my search and destroy mission and succeeded in destroying tank.....good game play and think need to restart game if too close to the tanks firing range too give yourself time to feel the game out more.

Last edited by Coldar; 03-16-2009 at 11:17 PM.
03-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Quote:
ok.......tried the lite. First couple times the enemy tank was within range and blew me away the first few times right from the start of the game. So not much game play there. This could be the reason why bad reviews...not giving it a few more tries. About the 4th startup of game I was far away from tank to travel around and get some bearing of the place and to get used to the controls which is another issue if just getting blown away within seconds of startup of game (have no time to try them out). But avoided tank on 4th startup and got to play around abit and after getting used to the controls it turned in a good game that extended longer than the first few and started my search and destroy mission and succeeded in destroying tank.....good game play and think need to restart game if too close to the tanks firing range too give yourself time to feel the game out more.
That's a useful review. Seems like it needed a "tutorial" to guide new players on how the tank moves and rotates before introducing a enemy tank to attack against. Hopefully Peter H is reading this and will update the lite with an update addressing this, and start getting better review scores.