★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Special launch price for a limited time only **
Heroes 2 is a turn based strategy war game. Heroes running around the map with creatures in their armies, battling other creature and hero armies, gaining experience and learning new skills, collecting resources and artifacts, capturing mines and castles and building improvements to existing castles in order to produce and hire more powerful creatures. Usually the aim is to rule the world by defeating all other heroes and capturing all of their castles. A player can have multiple heroes either running or sailing around the map or garrisoned in a castle. It is based on fheroes project's source code and licensed under GNU GPL v2. In accordance with GPL v2, the source code is available upon request. Having crushed his enemies, consolidated his power base and eliminated dissent at the end of Heroes of Might and Magic, Lord Ironfist settled down to rule the land of Enroth. After 25 years of peace, the land is again thrust into turmoil. Lord Ironfist is dead and the ensuing struggle for power between his sons, Archibald and Roland, has lead to a state of civil war. Players must choose sides and gather their armies as they use all of their strategic wit and tactics to join in the battle for domination of the lands.

Features:
* Hotseat multiplayer mode.
* Import maps through iTunes file sharing.
* Tap mode (long tap like right click).

starjimstar's comments:
Is this HoMM 2 or some sort of trick?

11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Holy shit that looks just like HOMM

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey

11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Since there is no HoMM in the app store, Im guessing it's trying to trick us by posing as the sequel to Palm Heroes ( a HoMM clone). I wish there was a HoMM game in the appstore, I remember the gameboy color HoMM being my favorite game boy game

Openfeint Gui Montag
Plus+ GuiMontag
Game Center Guy Montag
RoN
11-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Wow, anyone tried this one?

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
11-09-2010, 12:31 AM
I think clearly a number of things aren't quite above board here, but that aside am somewhat curious as to whether or not the game is actually any good.
11-09-2010, 12:42 AM
It's frickin heroes 2 all right. It even has the cursor from the pc port that it was ripped off from
11-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I think clearly a number of things aren't quite above board here, but that aside am somewhat curious as to whether or not the game is actually any good.
Same here. Really tempted to hit that button, after the letdown that was Palm Heroes.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
11-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Huh. If only it were HoMM 3, because that one rapes children as a part time job...

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
11-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Tiny buttons and text make it unplayable on an iPhone. However, it seems to be tolerable on an iPad.

I don't see this being available for long. The dev didn't even change the names of the heroes, cities, monsters, etc
11-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
I don't see this being available for long.
Seriously! How does this stuff get approved?