Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_david View Post
tilt to live + spirit = silverfish?

What has the player to do? I'd think (judging by the trailer) that one has to reach bombs that will crush the chasing hordes. Subject: survive!? right?
The current modes are all survival/highscore chasing but each has its own little twist. Reaper Mode is loosely based on Pac Man, Onslaught is straight-up arcade style, and Scavenger mode has a hint of Frogger.

Tilt To Live and Spirit are both awesome BTW. I'll confess that the new Pulse mode in Spirit HD is my current obsession All 3 games share a similar pedigree (we wear our influences on our sleeves) but they're all unique in their own right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_david
No lite version yet!? How many GC achievements are there?
No plans for a lite version yet. I'd like to get a couple updates and some new modes in the pay version before thinking about a free version.

Version 1.0 has 16 achievements across 3 modes for a total of 280 points. Got a bunch more saved up for updates and new modes.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:32 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Are the achievements unlockable in-game without accessing Game Center?
Old 11-09-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBC View Post
Really love the game, but is there ways t add more controls? I'm horrible with the swipe.
I'm open to suggestions - I tried a few variations but the swipe just seemed to work best in the end.

Keep in mind that you don't have to lift your finger on each swipe - you can almost play it like a line drawing game. I've even seen testers use 2 thumbs, though I personally recommend an index finger. You can also adjust the swipe distance threshold in the options. If you lower the threshold you won't have to swipe as far before the silverfish turns (more responsive) but it can take some practice to get used to really low thresholds so the default is a bit more forgiving.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTGT View Post
Gameplay video if you wanna see it in action...
Awesome video! Are you using some sort of jailbreak video capture app? FYI for others: The game actually runs much smoother in real life 60FPS on 2nd gen and up, 30FPS on 1st gen.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Are the achievements unlockable in-game without accessing Game Center?
Technically yes, but you can't actually see them. I'm planning on adding an option to sync local scores to Game Center, and achievements will sync along with the scores but I couldn't justify spending the time required to come up with my own achievement viewing UI. If there's enough demand I'll reconsider.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:00 PM
iPhone 5

thanks for the video, david. it looks really crispy and cool.

EDIT: And many thanks for your answers Frank! You are on my radar!!!

Last edited by ipod_david; 11-09-2010 at 03:25 PM..
Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I hope this game gets all the success and attention it deserves
Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Condello View Post
Technically yes, but you can't actually see them. I'm planning on adding an option to sync local scores to Game Center, and achievements will sync along with the scores but I couldn't justify spending the time required to come up with my own achievement viewing UI. If there's enough demand I'll reconsider.
That's too bad. I was about to buy the game but being as I won't be able to seem my achievements without having a Game Center account is a deal breaker for me. As soon as it is added though I will get the game for sure.

Have you considered adding OpenFeint along with Game Center?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
That's too bad. I was about to buy the game but being as I won't be able to seem my achievements without having a Game Center account is a deal breaker for me. As soon as it is added though I will get the game for sure.

Have you considered adding OpenFeint along with Game Center?
I started out using OpenFeint but as development dragged on it made more sense to just use Game Center directly. It's unfortunate you feel the achievements are that important, but these really are "Game Center achievements" meant to show off to your friends - they're pretty meaningless on their own.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Condello View Post
I started out using OpenFeint but as development dragged on it made more sense to just use Game Center directly. It's unfortunate you feel the achievements are that important, but these really are "Game Center achievements" meant to show off to your friends - they're pretty meaningless on their own.
Is there any way you can have the achievements as local as well? Cat Run and Death Worm did this and it works very well. That way even people who don't have a Game Center enabled device will get to enjoy unlocking achievements