Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #811  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:49 PM
ChaoticBox's Avatar
ChaoticBox ChaoticBox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
ChaoticBox, any chance of seeing Silverfish updates for iOS6?
By "iOS6" do you mean a 4" screen update? That's iffy...

Right now I have iOS 6 bug fix updates planned for Match Panic and Silverfish MAX (to fix an iPad UI bug that doesn't affect gameplay). Match Panic will likely get a 4" screen update at that point because it's relatively easy to extend the background and activation rects without affecting the gameplay. Unfortunately Silverfish is locked to the aspect ratio, so there's no easy way to stretch it without giving players on a 4" screen a big advantage. This is the same reason I released a separate iPad version rather than making it universal - but releasing a new 4" only version would be silly, and separate leaderboards would be a PITA - so, iffy
Reply With Quote
  #812  
Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 AM
TheFrost TheFrost is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
By "iOS6" do you mean a 4" screen update? That's iffy...

Right now I have iOS 6 bug fix updates planned for Match Panic and Silverfish MAX (to fix an iPad UI bug that doesn't affect gameplay). Match Panic will likely get a 4" screen update at that point because it's relatively easy to extend the background and activation rects without affecting the gameplay. Unfortunately Silverfish is locked to the aspect ratio, so there's no easy way to stretch it without giving players on a 4" screen a big advantage. This is the same reason I released a separate iPad version rather than making it universal - but releasing a new 4" only version would be silly, and separate leaderboards would be a PITA - so, iffy
Thats fair, but I meant just to make it work on ios6, its doesnt even let me install it
Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
ChaoticBox's Avatar
ChaoticBox ChaoticBox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Thats fair, but I meant just to make it work on ios6, its doesnt even let me install it
Well that doesn't sound good Is this from the on-device App Store or syncing from iTunes? Does it give you an error of any sort?

I've tried all my apps on all my iOS 6 devices (3rd gen iPad, 4th gen iPod) and they all work apart from those minor iPad issues mentioned previously. I also tried trashing Silverfish and re-downloading it from the device's App Store and it installed and ran fine.
Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
TheFrost TheFrost is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
Well that doesn't sound good Is this from the on-device App Store or syncing from iTunes? Does it give you an error of any sort?

I've tried all my apps on all my iOS 6 devices (3rd gen iPad, 4th gen iPod) and they all work apart from those minor iPad issues mentioned previously. I also tried trashing Silverfish and re-downloading it from the device's App Store and it installed and ran fine.
Sync it from iTunes or straight from the iPhone AppStore, both methods give me the same: "Couldnt install Silverfish". It happens with Waking Mars too

Last edited by TheFrost; 10-02-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #815  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
ChaoticBox's Avatar
ChaoticBox ChaoticBox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Sync it from iTunes or straight from the iPhone AppStore, both methods give me the same: "Couldnt install Silverfish". It happens with Waking Mars too
There was some craziness with the App Store the past couple days - apparently there are new terms you need to agree to, but some people were having trouble completing that.

I'd try logging out in iTunes and on the device, then restarting everything and logging back in. Other than that I'm not sure there's anything I can update on my end to help your situation - sounds like an App Store/Apple problem :/
Reply With Quote
  #816  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
TheFrost TheFrost is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
sounds like an App Store/Apple problem
Yes, was that, I was finally able to install it back, working good. Thanks!

Also... Could you share if are you working on something new for iOS? Silverfish 2?
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
ChaoticBox's Avatar
ChaoticBox ChaoticBox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Yes, was that, I was finally able to install it back, working good. Thanks!

Also... Could you share if are you working on something new for iOS? Silverfish 2?
Good to hear a problem wasn't my fault for once

I've been working on stuff on-and-off all year but all I have at the moment is 3 half finished games and another half dozen prototypes. This tweet full of pics pretty much sums it up: https://twitter.com/ChaoticBox/statu...24128820527104

I'd like to finish at least 2 of the ones that are further along just for the sake of finishing them, but the App Store is more a frustration than a motivation these days.
Reply With Quote
  #818  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
ChaoticBox's Avatar
ChaoticBox ChaoticBox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 796
Default

I know I said 4" screen support was "iffy" a few posts up, but an update just hit the App Store with 4" screen support

I've kept the game play aspect the same to keep leaderboards fair, but fill the bigger screen by zooming in & panning up/down as you move.

This update also has a couple more iCade presets you can choose in the settings screen by hitting up/down on your controller.
Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
masvil masvil is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
I know I said 4" screen support was "iffy" a few posts up, but an update just hit the App Store with 4" screen support
Well done :-)
Reply With Quote
  #820  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
masvil masvil is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 419
Default

A bad clone.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent