• Publisher: Chaotic Box
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.4 (18)
App description: Weave through waves of attacking space bugs and use powerful detonations to destroy your foes! Silverfish was designed for touch input to provide authentic and unrelenting arcade action. It's retro reborn and reimagined!

CONTROLS: Flick Up, Down, Left, and Right anywhere on the screen to change direction. Tap with 2 fingers to activate a powerup. Alternate control styles are available in the settings menu and can be fully tweaked to your preference.

Reviews
- IGN: 8.5/10 "Editors' Choice"
- GamePro/PCWorld: 5 out of 5
- Touch Arcade: 4.5 out of 5
- The Electric Playground: 9/10 and 8/10
- WIRED Magazine: 8 out of 10
- 148apps: 4.5 out of 5
- Yahoo's Appolicious: 5 out of 5
- Eurogamer: 8 out of 10
- AppAdvice: 4.5/5 "MUST BUY"
- Pocket Gamer: 8/10 "Silver Award"

- Reaper Mode -
Charge your POW and avoid enemies with the awesome Time Shock powerup. Earn MAX POW and turn the tables on your foes!

- Onslaught Mode -
Destroy waves of enemies as quickly as possible to avoid an overwhelming swarm. Drive up your score multiplier to rack up points and earn extra lives.

- Scavenger Mode -
Keep your POW from draining by destroying enemies and collecting tasty Protons.

- Haste Mode -
A constant race to max out your POW and defeat your foes. Full-on intense action right out of the gate!

Visit http://chaoticbox.com for more fun :)

ChaoticBox's comments:
Read the Touch Arcade Review!

10-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
ChaoticBox, any chance of seeing Silverfish updates for iOS6?
By "iOS6" do you mean a 4" screen update? That's iffy...

Right now I have iOS 6 bug fix updates planned for Match Panic and Silverfish MAX (to fix an iPad UI bug that doesn't affect gameplay). Match Panic will likely get a 4" screen update at that point because it's relatively easy to extend the background and activation rects without affecting the gameplay. Unfortunately Silverfish is locked to the aspect ratio, so there's no easy way to stretch it without giving players on a 4" screen a big advantage. This is the same reason I released a separate iPad version rather than making it universal - but releasing a new 4" only version would be silly, and separate leaderboards would be a PITA - so, iffy

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: www.chaoticbox.com Twitter YouTube
10-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
By "iOS6" do you mean a 4" screen update? That's iffy...

Right now I have iOS 6 bug fix updates planned for Match Panic and Silverfish MAX (to fix an iPad UI bug that doesn't affect gameplay). Match Panic will likely get a 4" screen update at that point because it's relatively easy to extend the background and activation rects without affecting the gameplay. Unfortunately Silverfish is locked to the aspect ratio, so there's no easy way to stretch it without giving players on a 4" screen a big advantage. This is the same reason I released a separate iPad version rather than making it universal - but releasing a new 4" only version would be silly, and separate leaderboards would be a PITA - so, iffy
Thats fair, but I meant just to make it work on ios6, its doesnt even let me install it

10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Thats fair, but I meant just to make it work on ios6, its doesnt even let me install it
Well that doesn't sound good Is this from the on-device App Store or syncing from iTunes? Does it give you an error of any sort?

I've tried all my apps on all my iOS 6 devices (3rd gen iPad, 4th gen iPod) and they all work apart from those minor iPad issues mentioned previously. I also tried trashing Silverfish and re-downloading it from the device's App Store and it installed and ran fine.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Well that doesn't sound good Is this from the on-device App Store or syncing from iTunes? Does it give you an error of any sort?

I've tried all my apps on all my iOS 6 devices (3rd gen iPad, 4th gen iPod) and they all work apart from those minor iPad issues mentioned previously. I also tried trashing Silverfish and re-downloading it from the device's App Store and it installed and ran fine.
Sync it from iTunes or straight from the iPhone AppStore, both methods give me the same: "Couldnt install Silverfish". It happens with Waking Mars too

Last edited by TheFrost; 10-02-2012 at 01:47 PM.
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Sync it from iTunes or straight from the iPhone AppStore, both methods give me the same: "Couldnt install Silverfish". It happens with Waking Mars too
There was some craziness with the App Store the past couple days - apparently there are new terms you need to agree to, but some people were having trouble completing that.

I'd try logging out in iTunes and on the device, then restarting everything and logging back in. Other than that I'm not sure there's anything I can update on my end to help your situation - sounds like an App Store/Apple problem :/

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
sounds like an App Store/Apple problem
Yes, was that, I was finally able to install it back, working good. Thanks!

Also... Could you share if are you working on something new for iOS? Silverfish 2?
10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Yes, was that, I was finally able to install it back, working good. Thanks!

Also... Could you share if are you working on something new for iOS? Silverfish 2?
Good to hear a problem wasn't my fault for once

I've been working on stuff on-and-off all year but all I have at the moment is 3 half finished games and another half dozen prototypes. This tweet full of pics pretty much sums it up: https://twitter.com/ChaoticBox/statu...24128820527104

I'd like to finish at least 2 of the ones that are further along just for the sake of finishing them, but the App Store is more a frustration than a motivation these days.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
I know I said 4" screen support was "iffy" a few posts up, but an update just hit the App Store with 4" screen support

I've kept the game play aspect the same to keep leaderboards fair, but fill the bigger screen by zooming in & panning up/down as you move.

This update also has a couple more iCade presets you can choose in the settings screen by hitting up/down on your controller.

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
I know I said 4" screen support was "iffy" a few posts up, but an update just hit the App Store with 4" screen support
Well done :-)

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.
01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
A bad clone.

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.