Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Ash (exclusive classic JRPG) [$4.99]

Bought, bought and BOUGHT!
Yepp, I TOFFTed, we really need more of this stuff like CGS and so on and "exclusive" is even better.
Btw., impressions in 9-10 hours, 'cause I can't play right now (I'm in the line of duty).
Oh, and I like the icon.

Last edited by Vovin; 11-09-2010 at 01:28 AM..
Old 11-09-2010, 01:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

saw this on rpgfan.com

Might try it later =)
Old 11-09-2010, 01:48 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

the graphic looks kind of strange.

i was ok with zenonia2 btw
Old 11-09-2010, 02:06 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

I agree about the graphics. The lava tiles in screenshot 4 look very wrong. Would be nice to see a video of this in action or some reviews but my first impressions are that this looks like something made with a kit.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Wait a second...in that third screenshot: "This is a well," etc.--isn't that verbatim from Final Fantasy?

Anyway, I'm not wild about the tiling either, but the portraits look pretty good. I hope it's a great game, thanks for toftt'ing Vovin!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by riChchestMat View Post
I agree about the graphics. The lava tiles in screenshot 4 look very wrong. Would be nice to see a video of this in action or some reviews but my first impressions are that this looks like something made with a kit.

All the classic JRPGs were based on tile kits, like the FF games or any other stuff. And the description states clearly that this game is meant as a classic game.
They also said that the visuals are licensed from Enterbrain - and this is the company who made programs like RPG maker (I remember the fan made "Vampires Dawn" to be the most popular made with it) and also designed tile sets for games or graphic engines.

But that's o.k. for me - as long as the game tells a great story and the combat- and character systems are working fine, I am happy.

The game is 71 mb big in compressed state - that means there should be a lot of content in the game. The visuals are crisp, as it seems, but I am mostly interested in the new touch interface and controls.

Overall, the storyline and exciting battles in an JRPG are the most important things for me.
And it also looks like that you'll face the enemies directly in combat, instead of seeing everything from a side view. That could be nice.
Oh, and judging from all the screens and the decription: good language or translation!

Last edited by Vovin; 11-09-2010 at 02:57 AM..
Old 11-09-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
All the classic JRPGs were based on tile kits, like the FF games or any other stuff. And the description states clearly that this game is meant as a classic game.
They also said that the visuals are licensed from Enterbrain - and this is the company who made programs like RPG maker (I remember the fan made "Vampires Dawn" to be the most popular made with it) and also designed tile sets for games or graphic engines.

But that's o.k. for me - as long as the game tells a great story and the combat- and character systems are working fine, I am happy.

The game is 71 mb big in compressed state - that means there should be a lot of content in the game. The visuals are crisp, as it seems, but I am mostly interested in the new touch interface and controls.

Overall, the storyline and exciting battles in an JRPG are the most important things for me.
And it also looks like that you'll face the enemies directly in combat, instead of seeing everything from a side view. That could be nice.
Oh, and judging from all the screens and the decription: good language or translation!
+1. Actually, make that +1000000000.

Well, the game made me laugh (intentionally) within the first five minutes. It also took about that long to get a good sense of the personalities of the two protagonists.

Very, very promising.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:29 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

There's a trailer available at the official site :

http://www.srrngames.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6y7...layer_embedded
Old 11-09-2010, 06:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
+1. Actually, make that +1000000000.

Well, the game made me laugh (intentionally) within the first five minutes. It also took about that long to get a good sense of the personalities of the two protagonists.

Very, very promising.

Yes, it seems as if there is a big heap of humour in it (according to the screen shots)!

As I said, I am still on duty, just came back from a SAS (Search And Seizure), so I can tell you all my impressions only in a couple of hours.
But I am always glad when squarezero joins in and gives away some impressions, too.
It's always an honor to TOFFT with him.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:54 AM

This looks like something I might enjoy! That said though I can't get a game for a few hours since I will be all tied up (not literally though) so it would be a tease knowing it is sitting there waiting in my pocket. Going to sink my teeth into it later however.