★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Lego Creationary [Free, Universal]

11-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Lego Creationary [Free, Universal]

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I can't tell if perhaps this was intended for children but I'm enjoying it anyway.
It's free, it's fun and sweet graphics. No IAP either!

Edit: after a second and third round I can safely say this is meant for a younger audience but it kept me entertained for five minutes or so and if you have kids, they'll enjoy it for a bit longer

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!

Last edited by songbird; 11-09-2010 at 09:40 PM.

12-28-2010, 07:26 PM
This is alright but you can't design stuff really...but an c
App called BRICY just came out and you can design Lego house and stuff... I think it might get pulled
12-29-2010, 08:20 PM
I was hoping for a minecraft clone
12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singapura View Post
I was hoping for a minecraft clone
can't all the mincraft fans waiting for a clone just play it on your laptop. I mean it's not that big of a deal.

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
12-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks, Song. We're definitely into (a lot of) Legos right now... ;-)
12-29-2010, 11:07 PM
The game is pretty neat, but really plays quite quickly. It needs to slow down a bit, especially as it does appeal to younger kids. Basically, you roll a die to select a category of object that it will build. It will show you four different images and you need to guess, as fast as possible, which image is correct.

The issue is that it builds it quickly, and it's not easy to tell what the object is until it is nearly finished... or even completely finished (and it doesn't tell you what the correct answer is). But, when the build is complete or you guess incorrectly, you lose the game.

It is easy to play again (and again!), but just wish there were other options instead of losing so quickly. It would also be nice if it had high scores available besides the standard "share on Facebook".

Another feature that would be really nice would be a slow motion review of building the objects. We certainly have enough Lego pieces in our house that it would be fun to build some of them. Overall, it is a fun game and definitely worth the download, but does need some work to make it a more full-fledged game.