★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good News For Developer and Art Lovers: Game Special Effects

11-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Good News For Developer and Art Lovers: Game Special Effects

Hello everybody ! This time we bring everyone a rather special gift: game specail effect tutorial we elaborately designed!

Even if you do not have art knowledge, just follow our tutorial to learn the special effects, you can create cool and practical game special effects in a short time .From now on, don't worry about not to create beautiful special effects of your game.Wanna to DIY a game special effects ? Following our tutorial,you can design cool and gorgeous special effects in a moment!The game special effects as below are created in a short time with our special effect tutorial!
They will be released in a few days!

I think we need to make an introduction for everyone:

1: If not have good content and practical features to get started quickly and easily,we will not to sell these special effects as the APP.
2: The network indeed has a lot of free tutorials, but the output effect is either static picture or the content beyond the game. The effect is not perfect and rather difficult to use in the game in fact.
3: Our tutorial is a series of special effects, so it classifys sales in sorts.
4: Upgrading effects is the first released tutorial, so it is relatively simple.And the purpose is to allow developers to familiar with our software.
4: Our main purpose is to help developers, otherwise we do not create such a APP which face a small range of customers.

Upgrade

Transmission

Enchant

Atack

Magic

Last edited by easygameeffect; 11-19-2010 at 09:56 PM.
11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Wow, those are some pretty cool graphics. Can't wait to read the tutorials!

11-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Nice. Will take a look when they are released.
11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
are thoose tutorials for static images? because special effects are usualy animated
11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
good

Thats great developers help each other. That makes for better games in the future.
11-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Uploads some gif picture
11-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Wow, these effects look really great! For our latest game - iRequiem we did almost all effects in 3D with particle systems I coded.

World of Khaos a tower defense game with shoot 'em up mayhem
Space Falcon Reloaded - Arcade space shooter like no other
Rapid Turtle Games | Twitter | Facebook
11-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Ahhhh!!!

With the animated gif we can see where this is going and it does look awesome. Really curious on how this whole thing gonna work out since you said you gonna write up some tutorials...

Is it gonna be some CoreAnimation stuff, your own custom SDK/API, or a tools that generate this?

Now stop teasing us and bring in the goods
11-11-2010, 10:15 AM
This looks like it would have to use a very sophisticated particle engine to create these effects... I'm actually working on my own right now, but some of the things I see here I don't support (yet Creating effects like these doesn't sound like it would take a "moment"... you're talking about playing around with positions, velocities, particle lifetimes, texture states, and tweaking it all to make it look nice together.

Agreeing with Intruder_qcc's thoughts, is easygameeffect going to give us a shared library or some sort of tool to create these? Are they something we'll need to integrate into our OpenGL code or is the result just a bunch of images to animate?

Inquiring minds want to know!

GaiamarkGames.com
Art of Deflection - $0.99
11-11-2010, 02:28 PM
obviously thoose are prerendered sprites.. why do you expect some sort of api if he wants to post an tutorial..?