Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 11:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Orions 2

Just checked the Orions developers web site and apparently Orions 2: The Deckmasters is their next iPhone game.

http://imoregames.com/

Here is more info courtesy of ipadlips

The game is not yet finished.

Info: The Orions2 is based on the original Orions game, same mechanics slightly improved, except with absolutely cool new cards.

We have also majorly remade the campaign mode, and for single duels we added new game modes:

- Draft and Custom Deck, along with a deck editor - so you can now design your own decks instead of getting random cards. We simplified the building and resources aspects of the game, encouraging players to build more dwellings, and believe made the overall experience much more fun.

We are definitely investigating the possibility of adding multiplayer through GameCenter, however I can't say if it'll make its way to the 1.0 release, which is scheduled for end of November.

Last edited by Vernimator; 11-12-2010 at 12:00 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 07:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

ah gosh, you made my day !

Can't wait to have more infos on this!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks to pocketmoregames Ive been able to reveal some info for you and some exclusive sneak peaks screenshots below.

Last edited by ipadlips; 11-12-2010 at 11:12 AM..
Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Excellent news!!! Are the graphics a higher resolution then the original in order for the game to look good on the iPad?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The game is not yet finished.

Info: The Orions2 is based on the original Orions game, same mechanics slightly improved, except with absolutely cool new cards.

We have also majorly remade the campaign mode, and for single duels we added new game modes:

- Draft and Custom Deck, along with a deck editor - so you can now design your own decks instead of getting random cards. We simplified the building and resources aspects of the game, encouraging players to build more dwellings, and believe made the overall experience much more fun.

We are definitely investigating the possibility of adding multiplayer through GameCenter, however I can't say if it'll make its way to the 1.0 release, which is scheduled for end of November.

PS: All this Info is totally from Pocketmoregames that has been sent to me via email, you wont find it anywhere. And I hope those guys who want more info about it are now a lil bit more updated.

Ill bring more info as soon as it becomes ready.

If the Creator of this thread want to add this info to main post will be great.

Cheers Louis

Last edited by ipadlips; 11-12-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow, Cool.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

@Vernimator, I Will Answer Your Question Soon... Just Stay Tuned.

Quote:
Excellent news!!! Are the graphics a higher resolution then the original in order for the game to look good on the iPad?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadlips View Post

If the Creator of this thread want to add this info to main post will be great.

Cheers Louis
Done!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for adding, i will bring more info soon to reveal it for ta members
Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

YEAH - and after releasing it and making a few bucks - will the devs let it pine away like Orions? Unsupported, without the add-ons, just calming down the community from time to time?

No, sorry - I don't support this kind of attitude. The devs didn't dealt fairly with their customers in the past, even if we "begged" them again and again to care.

I remember that the devs complained in this forum, that Orions was not the million-seller they hoped for and dropped it like a hot potato. And if Orion wasn't the expected success, as the devs stated - why bother to make a second part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguard View Post
Hello guys.
I'm the developer of the game and just wanted to say I'm following this thread carefully. So I'll explain a little about the Orions. The plans to work on updates and sequels are constantly being shifted because we don't see a demand of games like this on a platform. It's not a simple game, neither it's a casual game, it requires a lot of reading and understanding. Most of iphone/ipod users are for simple game with simple rules and no learning requirements. Orions is too "hardcore".
And now Orions 2? A game with no demand on this platform? But we shall give the devs our bucks anyway?
How ridiculous.

The devs even kinda lied to us - and that's a fact I won't forget. You'll find everything here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=17420

I'm not stupid. I don't trust them anymore.

Last edited by Vovin; 11-12-2010 at 02:22 PM..

Closed Thread