★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Avoid the eX now for sale

03-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Avoid the eX now for sale*Now with pics

Hello everyone!

My 2nd game, Avoid the eX is now on sale at the app store for 99cents.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306545587&mt=8

Here is a description from Sumocat's Scribbles

Avoid the eX
The game play is reminiscent of the old game show Press Your Luck with you determining whether a flashing cursor lands on fortune or failure. Played a couple of games this morning and another after work. Takes a bit of strategy and focus, in addition to luck. It's worth a buck if you need a fun way to burn a few minutes. And I'm hoping Mike expands it with more gameplay options. Lot of good potential with this one.

Here is a description of the game on iTunes:

Do you have any eXs in your life? I'm sure most people do, and in fact some eXs sometimes go after our paycheck and our bank accounts. So what should we do?

Avoid them! That's what.

Welcome to Avoid the eX! The fun, fast paced game, that will have you wishing for the jackpot while trying to avoid those nasty eXs.

Three players will compete in three rounds game show stlye, and the one with the most points in their bank account at the end of round three, wins.

Each round, each player will take shots against board trying to earn as many points as they can. When a player lands on a value it is then added to their paycheck. When their paycheck is big enough for the player, the player will add it into their bank account.

However, they also MUST Avoid the eXs. If you hit an eX they take your paycheck and three eXs will take your ENITRE bank account. Don't even get me started on Miss Trexx. She's take EVERYTHING!

Can you avoid the eX, and become the Avoid the eX champion? Play this wacky and exciting game to find out!

Avoid the eX, the fun paced game show game that you and your friends can play!

Features:
-Up to 3 players. Either you and some buddies, or you and the computer.
-Over 50 computer players, that each have one of three AI. Some are aggressive, some are laid back.
-Fast action moving board. You'll never know where your going to land.
-Saves the champion and how many times they have won.
-A Tutorial to teach you the basics.

Last edited by mvenini; 03-17-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Add pics
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I've add pics, and I'm working on a video.

03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Here I thought this was going to be about some dude running away from an old girlfriend Might have to check this out one of these days if I ever get caught up with everything I'm currently playing.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-17-2009, 03:09 PM
It's funny you mentioned you thought it might be about avoiding your ex. The game is based on that concept.

Thanks again for checking it out. Let me know what you think!
03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I'll tell you, I'll have to get a video up soon or something. My game has sold 2 copies in two weeks.

I'm selling a copy a week. I sent this game to a bunch of websites but nobody's picked it up. I'm not very good at marking.
03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I never looked at this thread until now.

I totally thought it was a game about avoiding your "ex."

Not a puzzle game. Wow, surprise!

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-20-2009, 04:21 PM
yeah i thought this thread was about avoiding a game named 'eX' until now
03-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Boy, I'm really bad at marking

The game is like a game show, in which deals with a lot of strategy, intelligence and luck. I can't capture what the game does in still images which is why I need a video.

This how my friend Mark described it:

"The game play is reminiscent of the old game show Press Your Luck with you determining whether a flashing cursor lands on fortune or failure. Played a couple of games this morning and another after work. Takes a bit of strategy and focus, in addition to luck. It's worth a buck if you need a fun way to burn a few minutes. And I'm hoping Mike expands it with more gameplay options. Lot of good potential with this one."
03-20-2009, 05:09 PM
I thought this was about avoiding your Ex girlfriend!!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
03-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvenini View Post
I'll tell you, I'll have to get a video up soon or something. My game has sold 2 copies in two weeks.

I'm selling a copy a week. I sent this game to a bunch of websites but nobody's picked it up. I'm not very good at marking.
I'm just curious as to how you decide what sites to send your game to for review. I've seen a lot of people make comments like this, and yet no one has ever sent any requests (that I know of) to the site I review games for. Please take this as an honest question and not me trolling for a promo code, because I'm not asking for one. I just want to know what developers on TA consider as criteria for deciding where to send their games. Thanks!

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre