★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This application allows you to play some classic ZX Spectrum arcades. Return to the halcyon days of your youth and relive those joyous moments once again. The app is optimized for both the iPhone and the iPod and runs at 100% full speed on all models. Both sound and multi-touch control are supported, whilst it is also possible to play in either portrait or landscape mode.

The games included are:

- Cheril of the bosque
- Cheril Perils
- Drama en el barrio de la jota
- Lala Prologue
- Mariano the dragon: Capers in Cityland
- Moggy
- Moggy Adventure
- Nanako in classic Japanese Monster Castle
- Phantomas saga #1: Infinity
- Phantomas tales #1: Marsport
- Phantomasa I v3.0
- Phantomasa in the land of the Grunge Wizards
- Sir Ababol
- Viaje al centro de la napia
- Zombie Calavera Prologue

LEGAL: The Mojon Twins do hereby grant 'ZX Nostalgia' with full permission to utilise the titles currently included in this application, provided that Mojon Twins are kept informed of all such undertakings prior to general release.

starjimstar's comments:

Quote:
This application allows you to play some classic ZX Spectrum arcades. Return to the halcyon days of your youth and relive those joyous moments once again. The app is optimized for both the iPhone and the iPod and runs at 100% full speed on all models. Both sound and multi-touch control are supported, whilst it is also possible to play in either portrait or landscape mode.

The games included are:

- Cheril of the bosque
- Cheril Perils
- Drama en el barrio de la jota
- Lala Prologue
- Mariano the dragon: Capers in Cityland
- Moggy
- Moggy Adventure
- Nanako in classic Japanese Monster Castle
- Phantomas saga #1: Infinity
- Phantomas tales #1: Marsport
- Phantomasa I v3.0
- Phantomasa in the land of the Grunge Wizards
- Sir Ababol
- Viaje al centro de la napia
- Zombie Calavera Prologue

LEGAL: The Mojon Twins do hereby grant 'ZX Nostalgia' with full permission to utilise the titles currently included in this application, provided that Mojon Twins are kept informed of all such undertakings prior to general release.
11-11-2010, 04:06 PM
I haven't heard of a single one of those titles. I'm guessing Brazilian titles...

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

11-11-2010, 05:19 PM
They should of done this an update of the existing one, even if that meant removing the old games.
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Don't worry guys, an update of ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection is imminent......including 6 more known games and also plenty of other things to make any retro gamer smile...
11-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Hyden View Post
Don't worry guys, an update of ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection is imminent......including 6 more known games and also plenty of other things to make any retro gamer smile...
Gee, Elite has a lot of fixing up to do too. From the controls with the hole in the middle down to the 'ZX Spe...Vol1' title, it's just a very sloppy release. If only Elite and Eliteplin or Cataplin or whoever they are could team up, we would see a solid ZX emulator with officially licensed games and good controls.

Anyway, these games actually aren't half bad. There is some more random nudity and a Spanish text adventure that I am not fluent enough to take for a spin.

The platformers are all pretty fun though. Might as well pick it up for free.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-11-2010, 06:22 PM
All comments have been taken on board.

It's welcoming to see that there's still people interested to play retro product on modern day devices from where ever it originates from.

Your criticism of the hyphenated title made me smile however.
11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Hyden View Post
All comments have been taken on board.

It's welcoming to see that there's still people interested to play retro product on modern day devices from where ever it originates from.

Your criticism of the hyphenated title made me smile however.
Oh, you represent Elite. I didn't realize. I suppose I could have been a little sweeter. Anyway, a title ellipsis is no laughing matter.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ