★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Waiting for Review ... 5 days ??

11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Waiting for Review ... 5 days ??

Hey everyone!

Our app has been "waiting for review" for five days now. I know people are saying it's an 8 day turn around on average, just wondering if everyone had this long "waiting for review".

Many thanks for any help.

Melia

Code Critical LLC
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Yup, five days is not uncommon.

Developer of Petri. Available now on the iTunes Store.

These days I work with Tonchidot on Sekai Camera.

11-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeCritical View Post
Hey everyone!

Our app has been "waiting for review" for five days now. I know people are saying it's an 8 day turn around on average, just wondering if everyone had this long "waiting for review".

Many thanks for any help.

Melia
if i recall right apple changed the way how they display the different states of the approval process..

you you stay longer on "waiting" and have a quick "review" time. instead of before where you where shortly on "waiting" but several days "in review"
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
if i recall right apple changed the way how they display the different states of the approval process..

you you stay longer on "waiting" and have a quick "review" time. instead of before where you where shortly on "waiting" but several days "in review"
Yep I can confirm that with the past 2 updates we've done. Ours was "In Review" for about a week, and then in a single day it was approved.
11-12-2010, 01:59 AM
We had 7 days waiting and 5 hours in review.
I guess you can wait for the good news in another 2 days.
11-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Nothing to worry about. Apple can "review" and "approve" your apps almost immediately. They choose not to. My guess is they like to have a constant flow of apps into the store. No one really sits there and looks at all the stuff, for the most part. Just look at what's been approved before and then pulled within hours and what not. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
11-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks everyone! That really helps!

Code Critical LLC
11-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
No one really sits there and looks at all the stuff, for the most part. Just look at what's been approved before and then pulled within hours and what not. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
I once had an app rejected for having the Japanese sign "kuso" in the menu background and another for an "offensive" animation so I think you're wrong on this account...
11-12-2010, 11:14 AM
OK, so now I need to know what an "offensive animation" is ... my mind is working overtime

Code Critical LLC
11-12-2010, 11:35 AM