★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ninja Buddy Updated and Featured!

03-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Ninja Buddy Updated and Featured!

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Amazing Ninja Buddy 1.2 update has hit the app store

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303470913&mt=8
More information here: www.omegasoftweb.com

here is what it does:

- Added a new mini-game. Swipe Ninja Buddy around for a while and he will challenge you to remember and repeat a random sequences of actions. Win to unlock a new secret Ninja move!
- Added two more moves: meditate and levitate!
- Added an ability list to clearly see what Ninja Buddy is capable of. Click the x in the upper right corner to return.
- Added a cool glass-breaking effect when you fail the star mini-game
- Added some new voice clips to go along with the new mini-game, some are fairly humorous

I hope you enjoy it! The next update is already in review.

Amazing Ninja Buddy was also just featured in the "Staff Favorites" section of the app store, so if you'd like to help us out please write a good review for the current version if you like it; thanks!!

P.S.
Previously I posted about Ninja Buddy in the non-game thread; but each update is moving it more towards a game so I felt it was appropriate to post here as well. Thanks.
03-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Just downloaded it; very cool! I think if there were even more mini-games this could hit the top of the store; are you planning on releasing more updates soon?

03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes, the next one is actually already in review. It will add more dialogue options, which should be pretty fun We are already working on the next update after that which will be adding more mini-games. Glad you enjoy!
03-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Awesome; thanks!
03-17-2009, 07:42 PM
No problem; please let me know (any of you) if you have any questions about how Ninja Buddy works; thanks!
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey, congrats on the feature spot! Hopfully that reflects favourably on your next paycheque.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Thank you I've always heard good things about the effect of being featured on your wallet, lol, but the fact that the app store is completely broken right poses a bit of an issue :P

I can't believe it has been broken since March 10th with no sign of fixing in sight! In case you don't know what I'm talking about the "sort by release date" is totally messed up right now on the iPhone (but fine on itunes)...I'm sure you can find quite a number of threads on it here. I'm calling Apple daily...I'm sure they love me
03-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotopia View Post
Thank you I've always heard good things about the effect of being featured on your wallet, lol, but the fact that the app store is completely broken right poses a bit of an issue :P

I can't believe it has been broken since March 10th with no sign of fixing in sight! In case you don't know what I'm talking about the "sort by release date" is totally messed up right now on the iPhone (but fine on itunes)...I'm sure you can find quite a number of threads on it here. I'm calling Apple daily...I'm sure they love me
Ask them where my Version 1.3 update is the next time you talk to them

By the way- nice update! I think you're definitely pushing into cool territory- keep adding more mini games and eventually it'll be a Ninja Training Camp

You available to chat later today?

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!
03-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks

The next update is already in review and we're working on future ones as we speak. Looking forward to your next version of Rogue...will this one have the store? BTW, I'm super angry at you; In my last game I had a +3/+3 two-handed sword of freezing; awesome. I used a vorpalize weapon scroll on it --> +4/+4 awesomer! I used another vorpalize scroll and the sword disappeared!? What the hell was that!?? And yes, I'm available after 7:00 EST
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Did you see that you're app is flying up the charts? It was in the 80's in entertainment this morning and now it's in the 30; bet you're happy about that