★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Outer Court
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 4.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Knights vs Knightesses is a fun, real-time action battle game for two players. Played on a single shared iPad, you and your friend play a female or male medieval army and try to conquer the opposing village. (Ever since the Grey Goose incident, the male and female members of Fordunian society live in separation!) Strategic placement of soldiers like the Knight and Knightess, Berserker, Wizard, Archer and Unibird will be crucial to your win -- as will be a quick tapping finger to perform your battle attacks! Just put your finger on the action icon when it appears over your warriors, and you'll be able to trigger sword slashes, arrow shots, magic attacks, hold up a shield, or roll the drum to motivate your team (see a video at http://youtube.com/watch?v=YToJC2teqrM). But keep your cool, or the opposing gender will enter your village, and then it's "Makra'r Bakk" for you (this Fordunian proverb roughly translates to "scrambled eggs in a broken pan", but be careful how and where you use it).

Philipp's comments:
You can now get my new 2-player iPad game Knights vs Knightesses... as my other games, two players play on a single shared iPad. Your feedback is welcome!

Here's the description:
Knights vs Knightesses is a fun, real-time action battle game for two players. Played on a single shared iPad, you and your friend play a female or male medieval army and try to conquer the opposing village. (Ever since the Grey Goose incident, the male and female members of Fordunian society live in separation!) Strategic placement of soldiers like the Knight and Knightess, Berserker, Wizard, Archer and Unibird will be crucial to your win -- as will be a quick tapping finger to perform your battle attacks! Just put your finger on the action icon when it appears over your warriors, and you'll be able to trigger sword slashes, arrow shots, magic attacks, hold up a shield, or roll the drum to motivate your team. But keep your cool, or the opposing gender will enter your village, and then it's "Makra'r Bakk" for you (this Fordunian proverb roughly translates to "scrambled eggs in a broken pan", but be careful how and where you use it).

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YToJC2teqrM
11-12-2010, 01:33 AM
I downloaded it. The graphics are awesome, the vibrant colors look great on the iPad. The graphics have a cute charming look to them as well. The gameplay however, it not up to par with the rest of the presentation. The animation is laggy and the multiplayer only is sort of a downer.

Last edited by iAstonish; 11-12-2010 at 01:36 AM.

11-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback iAstonish. May I ask, did you give it a try with another player?
My games so far are all strictly multiplayer (sorry for that).

See you in Manyland, an infinite 2d sandbox mmo we all draw together!
11-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
Thanks for the feedback iAstonish. May I ask, did you give it a try with another player?
My games so far are all strictly multiplayer (sorry for that).
No need to be sorry haha and no, I tried it out controlling both sides. I will play it with my gf tomorrow and come back with a second opinion. I love the art style though, it looks awesome.
11-12-2010, 02:17 AM
I would absolutely love if you let me know how the playing with your gf went. And thanks for the comments about the art!

11-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I am not sure this is a productive comment, and if not I appologize. However, I hate the name.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
11-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
However, I hate the name.
Every honest comment is appreciated!
Can you explain why you hate the name?
I'm not a native speaker of English.

11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
I would absolutely love if you let me know how the playing with your gf went. And thanks for the comments about the art!
Yeah... give some details about how that went

Lol, love the word combination here
11-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Every honest comment is appreciated!
Can you explain why you hate the name?
I'm not a native speaker of English.
One, its not entirely clear to me that Knightess is a real word. I do see it in one online dictionary. If you had asked me, I would have said a female knight is called a female knight. I might have been 100% wrong, but that is what I thought and I have read fantasy novels with knights.

Also, words that end in "ess" are sufficiently uncommon, that one hardly ever sees the plural. I'm sure I have seen "preistesses" in print somewhere, but not recently. So, knightesses may be the correct plural form, but its not a plural form that feels natural or familiar.

Ask 10 13 year old boys what a bunch of female knights would be called and...well I think you'll get a lot of blank stares.

So anyway, "Knightesses" is an odd looking word to me, and Knights v. Knightesses struck me as an odd name for that reason.

I havent actually played the game yet, but I'll try it when I get home.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 11-12-2010 at 01:16 PM.
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
Yeah... give some details about how that went

Lol, love the word combination here
Lol.