★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New game - Radius - review?

07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
New game - Radius - review?

It's getting hard (and expensive) to keep up with all the new releases. Has anyone tried out Radius yet. Can Touch Arcade do a review of this? (since I've been liking and trusting their excellent reviews!)

Here's a video from the developer:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=srCj4kQ91k4

Another couple of games that could do with a Touch Arcade review are:

FLOverload

Picoli (not a game but a photo retouching app that promises to be better than what is out there now for the iPhone)
07-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks. blakespot's going to do a radius review.

arn

07-26-2008, 06:25 PM
I agree that Touch Arcade should do a review of FLOverload...
07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I honestly wasn't all that impressed with Radius. The games only last about a minute or two because the control scheme sucks so much, and then you just repeat the process. The whole process is identical every time too so it doesn't feel like you're ever getting anything new out of it.

Per the TA review I tried their control suggestions and it doesn't really help at all. What people want and need in this game is to drag, release and then "click" on objects that need to be clicked. The fact that the game can't properly handle touch releases, and instead sends the sphere flying in some random direction, really irritates the heck out of me.

The game really screams "We almost got it right, but not quite." It should have been delayed another week for the control scheme to be ironed out.
07-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickeroar View Post
I honestly wasn't all that impressed with Radius. The games only last about a minute or two because the control scheme sucks so much, and then you just repeat the process. The whole process is identical every time too so it doesn't feel like you're ever getting anything new out of it.

Per the TA review I tried their control suggestions and it doesn't really help at all. What people want and need in this game is to drag, release and then "click" on objects that need to be clicked. The fact that the game can't properly handle touch releases, and instead sends the sphere flying in some random direction, really irritates the heck out of me.

The game really screams "We almost got it right, but not quite." It should have been delayed another week for the control scheme to be ironed out.
As the developer has already stated, they are aware of the bugs and have already submitted a fix to Apple that has been pending for quite awhile now (and in fact, already have yet another fix ready to submit.) So these issues will be addressed very soon as soon as Apple pushes through the updates.

Last edited by genshi; 07-30-2008 at 11:11 AM.
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
The update is out. So far no problems.
12-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Game Center: FriendHat
Level: 33
Guns: Warbangers, Bunker Buster
Armor: Assault Helmet/armor/pants