★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Smule
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 16.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Featured in the New York Times, USA Today and in tech blogs across the world, Magic Fiddle is revolutionizing musical games! Enjoy the #1 US iPad App, #1 US Game and Top 10 game in 45 countries!

Get 32 songs FREE with your purchase. With this game, youll actually create the music as you play. Follow streams of colored light to the correct notes and rack up points as you go. Score high to earn bronze, silver and gold medals for each song.

With close to 1,000,000 songs played, this #1 app is not fiddling around.

"Its pure, unadulterated musical awesome." - Christina Warren, Mashable

PLAY 32 FREE SONGS:

Get 32 songs FREE with your purchase! Also check out the song store for kids songs, holiday songs, oldies and more.

Whats included?

Silent Night
Canon in D
Amazing Grace
Pomp and Circumstance
Ave Maria
Auld Lang Syne
Air on the G String
National Anthem
Video Game Theme Songs
And many more

PLAY TO WIN:

Hit the correct notes by following streams of colored light. See your score after each performance and find out if you earned a medal. Only the best can earn gold!
Take it to the next level and compete for a place on the global leaderboard and unlock cool badges.

PLAY LIKE A VIRTUOSO:
For the first time, you actually create the music as you play the game. Add your own twist to any song by bowing, plucking or trilling right from you iPad.
Dont know what that means? Learn basic and advanced fiddle techniques from 8 interactive lessons included free in the app.

LISTEN TO THE WORLD:

Listen to other fiddlers from around the world playing on the Smule globe and show your support by liking their songs. Broadcast your own performances for other fiddlers to enjoy.

PRESS QUOTES:

"WOW" - David Pogue
"Smule releases it's most ambitious app yet" - Jefferson Graham, USA Today
"The way Smule introduces the user to Magic Fiddle is sort of.. well, magic." - Greg Kumparak, MobileCrunch

warcrack's comments:
Description
Hello. I am your fiddle. I am programmed to make you a musical prodigy. Your untrained fingers will play beautiful music in a matter of minutes. Seriously, in the amount of time it took you to read this you could have learned ‘Ave Maria’. I kid you not (fiddles never joke).

Use my magic to earn high scores, medals and badges for your performances. I understand that you humans like to win. Well then, can you get a gold medal on every song?

You, my friend, are not just someone with an iPad. You are a virtuoso.
__________________________________________________ __________

What people are saying about me

"WOW" - David Pogue
"It’s pure, unadulterated musical awesome." - Christina Warren, Mashable
"Smule releases it's most ambitious app yet" - Jefferson Graham, USA Today
"The way Smule introduces the user to Magic Fiddle is sort of.. well, magic." - Greg Kumparak, MobileCrunch
"The Magic Fiddle iPad app will have you making sweet music in minutes" - Rosa Golijan, Gizmodo
"Smule pursues its dream of beautiful iPad music with Magic Fiddle" - Anthony Ha, VentureBeat

You need a Magic Fiddle(TM) if any of the following statements are true:

1. You have a crush.
Use me to serenade! (Note: while I will make you endlessly more attractive to members of the opposite sex, I can’t guarantee romantic success)

2. You tried (and failed) to play violin in 5th grade.
Don’t worry; I’ll help you out this time. You’ll be fiddling in no time.

3. You have always wanted to be a musician.
Impress friends, family and fellow fiddlers with your newly found musical talents.

4. You are bored.
I’m great for rainy days or late nights! Earn medals for playing well and compete with fiddlers around the world.

Now, a little more about me….

PICK UP AND PLAY:
• Pick up and play beautiful songs by following streams of colored light in my SongBook, no skill required!
• Impress your friends by playing any of my 20 songs I have in my SongBook, from video game theme songs to ‘Ave Maria’ and everything in-between.
• Bow, pluck, trill, and play vibrato and glissandi right from your iPad.

TAKE IT TO THE TOP:
• Earn scores for every song, and medals for playing well. I will be the judge of ‘well’ (not your mother).
• Show off your newly found musical aptitude to your fellow fiddlers by competing for a spot on the global leaderboards.
• Earn badges as you accomplish new heights of fantastic fiddlery.

LEARN FIDDLING TECHNIQUES EASILY:
• Learn basic and advanced fiddle techniques through fun learning adventures with me - my StoryBook takes us on an 8-chapter interactive journey to teach you different techniques with activities and step-by-step instructions.
• Practice your new techniques on real songs as you improve.

LISTEN AND SHARE WITH THE WORLD:
• Listen to other magic fiddlers play on the globe around the world.
• Broadcast your masterpieces for the world to enjoy.
• Show your support for fellow fiddlers by ‘liking’ their songs.

Still want to know more?

I’m flexible: Any bowed string musical instrument can be referred to as a fiddle.
I’m worldly: I’m played in continents around the world.
I’m experienced: I first appeared in India circa 3000 BC.
I’m funny: What’s the difference between a violin and a fiddle? About $10,000 dollars.

I’m also classy, dark, and musically inclined…..

Itunes link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-fiddle/id372926145?mt=8
11-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Bought it and loved it. Smule knows how to make a decent music app. With a bit of practice you can even sound pretty good. Awesome.

11-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Liking it

I just bought this too. I'm still in the beginning stages. I have to say that the tutorial is very well done. It walks you through how to use your fiddle in very concrete and easy steps. I'm feeling confident that I could actually use this to make some decent sounds !

So many of the music apps out there just give you the "instrument", and don't provide any instruction at all... This is a happy exception.

Another nice feature is the ability to customize the placement of your "strings", so you can make them closer together or wider apart, depending on the size of your hand.

As I said, I'm just at the beginning of the tutorial, but I've got a very positive first impression. I'm already considering buying the holiday music pack, so I can torture the little ones with a Christmas medley before we get to opening gifts at Christmas.

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
11-20-2010, 01:46 AM
On sale for $.99

Beta Tested- NYZ2, ZombieSmash HD (iPad), Bug Heroes, Earth vs Moon, Underworlds, Push Panic, N.Y. Zombies, iPharoah, Rocket Monkey Warped, uBoot, Flight Deck, Plushed, Black Matter, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, Crunchy Planets, StickBound, NovaRift, Giant Moto, Crazy Test, Fling Cube,,...
11-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Rock Band / Violin Hero

I am a huge fan of Rock Band.

This Game totally rocks. As long as you don't bother play mostly classics (which is kind of cool... ) this is your Rock Band experience on the iPad.

Bought every additional Song. I am currently on 4th place worldwide.

This Games requires a few skills in higher levels.

Love Smule for this!
11-20-2010, 08:17 AM
im glad i waited, at 99 cents there's no more excuse to not buy the game
11-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Is this really worth that buck?

I have the piano game app, and after firing it up once, I never did again. What makes this so different?

GameCenter / plus+ / Crystal ID: MeteorFlare
OpenFeint: MeteorFlye
11-21-2010, 12:22 AM
It's just something fun to fiddle with, without having to buy a real fiddle.
11-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorFlare View Post
Is this really worth that buck?

I have the piano game app, and after firing it up once, I never did again. What makes this so different?
It's an actual game. The piano app already had the songbook, but this one actually gives you points for completing songs.

That said, it's not that different so it's pretty likely that you'll only fire this one up once as well.
11-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl1pstream View Post
It's an actual game. The piano app already had the songbook, but this one actually gives you points for completing songs.

That said, it's not that different so it's pretty likely that you'll only fire this one up once as well.
Thanks for your honest answer.

Answer taken.

GameCenter / plus+ / Crystal ID: MeteorFlare
OpenFeint: MeteorFlye