★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: pteryx
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 74.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 2.5 (2)
App description: ***SPACE BOSS IS ON SALE FOR THE HOLIDAYS! UNLOCKING THE FULL GAME IS 50% OFF!***

Space boss has placed on several top 50 lists in many countries! Thanks for the incredible response.

See a game review here :
http://www.appspy.com/space-boss-review

Space Boss is an action-packed, arcade-style top-down shooter.

Defend the earth in an ultra-agile spaceship equipped with an array of destructive weapons.

Face and defeat four different bosss to save the world from robot domination. Wield the power of speed and destruction as you chip away at your over-sized enemies. Each boss has their own strengths and weaknesses to exploit. It will be vital to use more than one of your primary weapons to outmaneuver and outsmart your boss.

EASY TO LEARN, HARD TO MASTER

The bosses are central to the game and each level will drop you right in to the action. The game can easily be picked up and played, paused and continued.

Features

Dual Action thumbsticks
8 upgradeable weapons
Multiple phase action packed boss fights
Quick switch weapon capabilities
Auto Pause
Gamecenter leaderboards

This game is tested on 3g and 4g devices.

goiMot's comments:

11-13-2010, 11:03 AM
what does the DLC consisit of?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

11-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
what does the DLC consisit of?
It's the full game for 1.99 -- no-nonsense.

Just played for a few minutes. The controls are good, the graphics sharp, and the action intense. The first boss is nicely articulated, and the whole thing feels well polished. I'll be buying the full game.
11-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post

Just played for a few minutes. The controls are good, the graphics sharp, and the action intense. The first boss is nicely articulated, and the whole thing feels well polished. I'll be buying the full game.

O.k., because of your opinion, I'm with you.
Checked and bought!

I am sure that medianotzu will be here in a few minutes, too!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
O.k., because of your opinion, I'm with you.
Checked and bought!

I am sure that medianotzu will be here in a few minutes, too!
Well, the good thing about this DLC system is that you don't have to go just by my word .
11-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:

Same! This is a very well put together package, gameplay wise!

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
11-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Well, the good thing about this DLC system is that you don't have to go just by my word .

I usually trust you. Made me also spend lots of bucks so far.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Game Impressions

Quote:

Yes, no case of DLC abuse here! You get several morel level/Bosses for a fair price. that`s it.

Gameplay wise the Name if programm: you fight bosses. Which look really nice. But the ambient seems a bit lacking.
The controls are tight and gameplay is paused automatically if you lift both thumbs - MUST feature. Also nice feature is that you can position you ship freely after you die. And the dynamic camera zoom that keep everything in sight is also very nice.

for the game mechanics is is on the similar train as Alien Space - no inertia physics like Space Miner: Blast.

But in general for me its still not as good as Meteor Blitz or Space Minor.
Honestly though everything feels mostly right here, I can hardly put my finger on why I got bored with it during the first boss.

Maybe its because you only fight the boss for 5 mins or more, so really less variety here and you ship feels really heavy handed during the fight.

But I dont have to like everything.

TouchArcade Patreon - GameCenter: dyscoder -

Last edited by dyscode; 11-13-2010 at 11:35 AM.
11-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Game Impressions

Just finished the first boss (only one available for free, but apparently several other bosses are through a $1.99 IAP).

I'm quite impressed with this game.

The controls could be tightened up a bit: I felt like finer movements required to dodge bullets were touchy. Things get slightly laggy on my 3rd Gen iPod around the last stage of the boss, but still quite playable. When you get far enough away from the boss your view zooms out, and occasionally your ship gets obscured by your thumb. My last issue, was that the boss, when he wants to, can spin around pretty fast, making it tough to get around to destroying the targets behind him; particularly while dodging his 1-hit kill death laser.

The graphics and style are excellent, and gameplay is fun and gets really hectic by the time you finish the boss. You have to keep your fuel filled by destroying asteroids or pods on the boss. Your shields refill on their own after avoiding getting damaged for a certain amount of time (think Halo). There are several different weapon types, ranging from lasers to missles, and each can be upgraded 3 times. The boss also spawns 3 different types of little enemies you have to watch out for.

So yeah, already a great game, I'm hoping they make this truly excellent by tightening up the controls, and optimizing some of the lag a bit.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Same! This is a very well put together package, gameplay wise!
Ya just got to phase to phase 4. This is top notch action.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder