★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tilt your way to victory!

"... Speedy Biker is a physics-based 2D motocross racing game of sheer awesomeness ... Ten track locations and three levels of play will keep you racing well into the night." -- 148Apps.com

"4/5 Highly Recommended!" -- NineOverTen.com

Pirate Monkey Studios proudly presents Speedy Biker, a new reality physics-based 2d motocross game.

Race against the computer, or challenge a friend with real-time Head-2-Head over Bluetooth or separately in challenge mode.

Speedy Biker features 17 track locations across the globe complete with bone-jarring jumps, dizzying whoop-de-doos, ramps, mud, and obstacles galore.

- Realistic physics with punishing rag-doll effects
- Awesome particle effects for mud splashes and smoke clouds
- Full accelerometer support (x and y axis)
- 17 track locations each with 3 levels of play (More locations coming soon!)
- World and USA circuit tours
- Head-2-Head over Bluetooth for real-time racing
- Challenge a friend to beat your best times
- Ghost racing mode against your friends best times
- Multiplayer over the Internet (coming soon)
- Openfeint and Game Center Support

Check out a preview of the game in YouTube:

Send us comments or feedback at http://www.piratemonkeystudios.com

Follow us on twitter for the latest updates and tips at http://www.twitter.com/speedybikergame

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

11-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Looks great! Folks over in NZ hopefully you'll be able to test this out soon.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

11-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Looks pretty good, but I don't know about the price, when Moto X Mayhem is just a buck.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
11-14-2010, 12:37 PM
There's something odd about the slope of the track, and the need for red-and-white dotted lines to delineate it.
11-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Game Impressions

Not sure why there isn't more interest in this; it's actually well worth checking out for anyone who likes these types of games.

Control and physics are generally good, and most importantly there is a good level of depth with respect to how your bike behaves while following the track undulations: getting a good time really requires you mastering this concept, and this is the part that makes the whole thing addictive.

Changing tilt sensitivity in options appears to produce barely any difference. This really needs to be looked at.

Sound is woefully poor.

Option to accelerate automatically needs to be added.

I've not found any use for the brake button thus far, and actually kept wishing it wasn't there at all so that the turbo button could be placed more to the left in its place.

Last edited by Gabrien; 11-14-2010 at 07:36 PM.
11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
I like the looks of it. Really hope it's a good game. Anyone tried it yet? I'll be in bed before it releases tonight, but will check back on it tomorrow and see if anyone has solid commentary for or against buying it.
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Well ive been playing this game for an hour and to be honest i dont know wether its wort it or not.

Turbo button is placed away from accelerator and there is a brake button which doesnt seem to serve a purpose because the feeling of speed is quite slow, in fact too slow.

Its extremely easy to blow up your bike by using turbo too much and even when you do use it the increase in speed is very little.

The physics are not right at all, you move your phone forward and backward to change tracks and tilt sideways for landings, balance and wheelies etc.

I guess with practice you coud become used to the handling but dont expect a fast paced racer like Stunt Biker (Which i think is better)

It does have rag doll physics and i think this game has potential, they just need to fix a few things.

I give it a 5/10

Last edited by NZer; 11-14-2010 at 09:26 PM.
11-15-2010, 01:41 AM
well, good or bad, its out in US now.
11-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input on the game. We are working hard on getting the next release out with a few more tracks and some tweaks. Feel free to stop by http://www.piratemonkeystudios.com to post any comments or bugs in our forums. This will help us collect everything and make Speedy Biker even better.

Here are a few tips to get you better scores:
1. If you are about to flip backwards, tap the brake, this will bring your front wheel down quickly.
2. only use the turbo when your back wheel is on the ground. Any other time is just a waste.
3. lean back on the bike right before you hit a jump and hit the turbo, this will launch you for maximum air.
4. when you land, get your back wheel on the ground as soon as possible so you can continue to gain speed or minimize speed loss.

Thanks again for your input. If you haven't tried it already, download Speedy Biker.