★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A simple game You. Me. Claim, steal, lock, score, win!

You Against Me is a turn-based card game where players take turns trying to lock as many squares as they can by claiming and stealing numbers on the game board. Its easy to learn and quick to play. The more you play, the more strategy you develop and the harder it is to put down.

Modes:
Feeling Social? Play against a friend on the same device using Pass & Play Mode!
Feeling Kind of Social? Play against a friend or random stranger Online through Game Center!
Feeling Anti-social? Play against one of the two Computer difficulties!

Features:
Customize your appearance to fit your mood with different themes
Many achievements to achieve
Online strength system

killercow's comments:

You Against Me

Easy 8 Software
Genres: Games Card Board
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.29 NZD

Quote:
A simple game… You. Me. Claim, steal, lock, score, win!

You Against Me is a turn-based card game where players take turns trying to lock as many squares as they can by claiming and stealing numbers on the game board. It’s easy to learn and quick to play. The more you play, the more strategy you develop and the harder it is to put down.

Modes:
• Feeling Social? Play against a friend on the same device using Pass & Play Mode!
• Feeling Kind of Social? Play against a friend or random stranger Online through Game Center!
• Feeling Anti-social? Play against one of the two Computer difficulties!

Features:
• Customize your appearance to fit your mood with different themes
• Many achievements to achieve
• Online strength system

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone4
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone5s
  • iPad23G
  • iPadFourthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 4.2MB

Thanks to: https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com
07-30-2015, 06:34 AM
Finally, it's here! Hope everyone enjoys it!

07-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Interested in this one. Someone mentioned it in the same sentence as Kindo. Anyone tried it out yet?

Pedroapan
07-30-2015, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroapan View Post
Interested in this one. Someone mentioned it in the same sentence as Kindo. Anyone tried it out yet?

Pedroapan
I've tried it a lot... well, because I'm the creator/designer! I've played both games many times and can tell you there are some similarities.

You Against Me (YAM) is a head to head game like Kindo. You can play two computer AIs, through Game Center or Pass & Play on the same device.

Another similarity is learning strategy to play and win the game. Just like Kindo, the more you play, the more you understand the strategy and more thinking goes into the game.

It also offers multiple themes like Kindo and has a flat UI too.

Both are fun games. If you like Kindo and playing against AIs and through Game Center, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy YAM. If you're looking for a comp to another game, I'd say it's a mixture between Letterpress and Lost Cities.
07-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Is the online via Game Center real time or asynchronous?
07-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Is the online via Game Center real time or asynchronous?
Asynchronous... But as you play, the game will update as soon as your opponent plays so, depending on your opponent and how quick they play, it can seem like real time.
07-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Nice! Adaptive Asynchronous!
07-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Fun game.
I love the description you gave about making the game.

Admittedly, the only card game apps I'm used to, are solitaire and poker.
I wanted to give this one a try because it was TA members that made it.

So.....'You Against Me'....
Once you figure out how to play, it is quite easy and fun.
You can play online, against local players or the AI.
Just a tap of the finger controls everything you need.
The basic goal is that you want to cover as many numbered spaces as you can with your cards. You can steal your opponents spaces, lock a space from the opponent and/or take the card they're about to use. Although, keep in mind, they can do all the same to you! Yikes!
To play this game requires strategy.
I would advise that new players, play the tutorial and/or read the directions first. Admittedly, the first time I played I was more then confused (although I won the game! LOL)
So I stopped, read the directions, played the tutorial one more time and then... easy peasy.
I am really enjoying this card game. I think it should be right up there with solitaire ( but for two players) in popularity.
I am going to keep playing and practicing and then watch out.... Cause I just might be online waiting for you, to play against me, or me play against you, in a game of 'you Against Me' so that you or me can win 'you Against me'...... Huh?
07-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Nice! Adaptive Asynchronous!
And if it seems to lag, tap the screen and it'll check for a move to update.
07-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsim View Post
I've tried it a lot... well, because I'm the creator/designer! I've played both games many times and can tell you there are some similarities.

You Against Me (YAM) is a head to head game like Kindo. You can play two computer AIs, through Game Center or Pass & Play on the same device.

Another similarity is learning strategy to play and win the game. Just like Kindo, the more you play, the more you understand the strategy and more thinking goes into the game.

It also offers multiple themes like Kindo and has a flat UI too.

Both are fun games. If you like Kindo and playing against AIs and through Game Center, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy YAM. If you're looking for a comp to another game, I'd say it's a mixture between Letterpress and Lost Cities.
Thanks a lot for the friendly reply. That alone sold me the game. Yes, I'm that easy! And the game looks good as well.

P