Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Consider allowing folks to keep the gold and buy something at the store next turn. Its frustrating when you are offered three downgrades/useless side grades.
Enh, I like having to make the tough choices and think being able to stretch it multiple turns until you find some ideal upgrade kind of weakens stuff. Is there an option to pass altogether if you don't like the choices?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem47 View Post
I'm also a huge fan of spike damage. I got it up to +9 spikes once and kept alive by matching shields to keep them up and letting everything kill itself. In fact I lost that game when I got greedy and matched a ton of coins, which brings me to my next point...
Yeah, spikes are great if you can manage to get a bunch, but are pretty risky because they only work while your armor isn't completely broken, which becomes more likely as you start to forego armor upgrades for spikes. And of course, if you then focus too much on collecting shields you run the risk of a crowd of enemies gathering up and hitting you hard enough to kill you, even if they do kill themselves in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Consider allowing folks to keep the gold and buy something at the store next turn. Its frustrating when you are offered three downgrades/useless side grades.
It's rare that you'd get 3 sidegrades although it certainly can happen, but there's usually ways to protect yourself from this, for example someone suggested earlier to only focus on upgrading 1 or 2 items and that way you'll always have another option if you get unlucky with the store upgrades. I think allowing rerolls at store items each turn might make it too easy to wait around for the ideal items to come along, getting frustrated if they don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeer Melkhor View Post
Is this game going to be on sale anytime soon? At least make a lite version, because I don't know if I am really into this kind of game.
The plan right now is to release 1 more update before Christmas (with 1 update already waiting for review), and then release a lite version after the Christmas.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:09 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflame View Post
Hey guys, just a heads up to everyone playing, I'll be submitting the new update to the app store in the next few days, it'll include a lot of the suggestions from this thread and other feedback I've received during the week since the game's been out, such as:

- 15 special new enemies with fun and varied properties to defeat
- 10 new skills to learn when levelling up, including one that converts health potions to mana potions which decrease cooldowns when collected
- 20 new intro stories
- A new difficulty level in between the normal and hard
- Difficulty ramps up faster at higher levels (except on easy)
- Slight tweaks to existing skills (e.g. longer cooldown on enchant, slash now useful for clearing out burning & acid tiles)
- Last played character name & difficulty are saved for next time
- Added support for fast app switching in iOS 4
- Fixed a number of bugs, including the one that doesn't properly save damage greater than 255

Hopefully the update will get approved for app store this week, but in the meantime any other suggestions for this update or the next are very welcome
So was your last post a subtle way of saying THIS has already been submitted?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I have been traveling a lot the past week, and whole plane trips speed by while I play this game obsessively. I have played almost nothing else for 2 weeks.

I still think the scoring between difficulties is off, hard does not pay off in points over medium, considering the difficulty difference. Separate high score lists for each difficulty level would be nice perhaps. Especially since I am just going to keep playing on the hardest level, I see no reason to play easier.

Looking forward to the update.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennfusion View Post
I have been traveling a lot the past week, and whole plane trips speed by while I play this game obsessively. I have played almost nothing else for 2 weeks.

I still think the scoring between difficulties is off, hard does not pay off in points over medium, considering the difficulty difference. Separate high score lists for each difficulty level would be nice perhaps. Especially since I am just going to keep playing on the hardest level, I see no reason to play easier.

Looking forward to the update.
Unless there is some big logistical reason for not doing this, I think 4 separate leaderboards would quash these discrepancies as well. Since FF has already admitted while he's firmed up the difficulty ramping in Normal (as well as switching to 4 difficulty levels to add something between the old Normal and Hard ratings) a bit so it won't be as easy to catapult beyond the curve in Normal (even though I have yet to do it myself), he wants to keep Easy a very casual experience.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is it sort of like this game?
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...ero/index.html
Old 11-30-2010, 08:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigE1669 View Post
From the video, it looks a lot like that.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Not really. While games like that Heroes deal and Puzzle Quest are a little similar (both RPG like games with match 3 elements), this one is pretty unique. You don't take turns swapping icons with an opponent...instead your opponents are actual beasties on the grid itself which you'll need to linkup with some swords by dragging a line through a trail of like icons (kind of like Azkend) to defeat.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Not really. While games like that Heroes deal and Puzzle Quest are a little similar (both RPG like games with match 3 elements), this one is pretty unique. You don't take turns swapping icons with an opponent...instead your opponents are actual beasties on the grid itself which you'll need to linkup with some swords by dragging a line through a trail of like icons (kind of like Azkend) to defeat.
Thanks. Sounds cool, I think I'll give it a shot.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks. Sounds cool, I think I'll give it a shot.
LG probably knows better.

And you should try the game, I think it is the awesome!