App description: Dungeon Raid is going to challenge your strategy skills to the max! Trace a path and match the tiles to collect treasure, buy and upgrade weapons and defeat monsters in this exciting and addictive puzzle roleplaying game. Things happen fast in Dungeon Raid, so gather your courage and dive in!

"Dungeon Raid is an effortless recommendation... download this game now."
- TouchArcade

"Pick this one up. For its price, they definitely made me feel like it was well worth the money in so many ways"
- appSafari

"If youre looking for a different type of match 3 game or youre an RPG nut that wants to get a quick fix every now and again, Dungeon Raid is just the game for you"
- TouchMyApps

"Dungeon Raid manages to capture the essence of both rogue like dungeon crawling, and addictive match 3 in a easily accessible formula"
- TouchGen

"Its a fun mix of match-three puzzling and role-playing"
- Pocket Gamer

Dungeon Raid is a puzzle RPG, a blend of puzzle game with roleplaying mechanics. Your mission is to trace a path through a set of matching tiles, but watch out you may be attacked by enemies who improve as fast as you do.

As you go, the object is to collect as many resources as you can, like gold and experience. Get enough points and you can buy or upgrade equipment and level up. All the while, remember to avoid those nasty enemy skull tiles and fight them off for as long as you possibly can. And don't get too greedy, or you risk being overwhelmed!

The higher you go in a Dungeon Raid game, the more strategy youre going to need to match a greater number of tiles, grab bonuses and stay ahead of those evil adversaries. Never forget that they improve as the game continues.

Keep your wits about you as you play Dungeon Raid. As you level up, there are many trade offs to consider and complimentary combinations of skills to be chosen. If youre not used to the tense pace of the higher levels, go ahead and start on easy difficulty. That gives you the chance to play the game in a more relaxed way, and watch how powerful your avatar can become.

Regardless of your skill level, youll never get bored with Dungeon Raid because theres so much going on! There are hundreds of items to collect, a growing list of character skills and many different strategies for you to use. Youll be itching to play just one more turn, just one more game for hours and days on end.

Features:
4 difficulty levels: select a relaxing easy game or go for a challenging and strategic experience
2 challenge modes
400+ unique items to buy and upgrade
77 achievements to unlock
40 diverse abilities to help you and hinder your enemies
30 special monsters to defeat
20 powerful upgrades to apply to your items
10 character classes to unlock & customise
Level up and improve your avatar as you kill enemies and collect experience points
Global leaderboards using Game Center & OpenFeint
Play your own music during the game
Constant save system: quit the game and return to it at any time

If you want the thrill of playing a truly exciting game, youve come to the perfect place. Download Dungeon Raid now and prepare to be impressed!

See this exciting game in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumnCTG0AE8
02-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I went and checked my high scores on Hard, and it seems like it could go either way:

1) Score: 75,983; turns 1205, no teleport, gold build
2) Score: 68,085; turns 1155, w/ teleport, shield build
3) Score: 65,822; turns 913, no teleport, shield build
4) Score: 59,060; turns 906, no teleport, gold build
5) Score: 55,259; turns 1017, w/ teleport, shield build

I guess if anything, #5 shows more turns doesn't necessarily equate to higher score, although it helps. The gold and shield builds reflect the primary strategy, the four skills were always different each time. If anything, all except #4 (and all but two of my top 10 scores) have Dazzle as one of the skills. I definitely think that's the best skill in the game. Even with a gold build (where it could be counter-intuitive to use gold for swords) I think Dazzle can help you live longer than teleport.
02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psac42 View Post
I went and checked my high scores on Hard, and it seems like it could go either way:

1) Score: 75,983; turns 1205, no teleport, gold build
2) Score: 68,085; turns 1155, w/ teleport, shield build
3) Score: 65,822; turns 913, no teleport, shield build
4) Score: 59,060; turns 906, no teleport, gold build
5) Score: 55,259; turns 1017, w/ teleport, shield build

I guess if anything, #5 shows more turns doesn't necessarily equate to higher score, although it helps. The gold and shield builds reflect the primary strategy, the four skills were always different each time. If anything, all except #4 (and all but two of my top 10 scores) have Dazzle as one of the skills. I definitely think that's the best skill in the game. Even with a gold build (where it could be counter-intuitive to use gold for swords) I think Dazzle can help you live longer than teleport.
Man that is a fun post to look at. It's cool to see your score break down with various builds. Here's what mine looks like on hard

1) Score: 79,985; turns 909, shield build with skill elixir
2) Score: 73,066; turns 952, shield build with skill elixir
3) Score: 64,983; turns 790, shield build with skill elixir

The weird part is I know I got a higher score than that (and my high scores on normal are blank and I played a bunch of games on normal for fun). Further my later high score runs used slash as the 4th skill... The only thought I have is that those scores do match my game center scores... so maybe it's only recording scores when I'm online? I mostly play on the train where I don't connect to the internet... and I know most of my better scores I got were on the train... It just seems weird that the high scores on my actual app wouldn't match that. I get why game center wouldn't recognize the score (since I wasn't online) but I'd think the app would keep track... Ah well :- ) I don't care about leaderboards but it'd be nice to look at what build got me better scores.

EDIT: the best score I had with teleport in the mix was in the low 50,000 if it matters for the discussion at hand. The turn count was right around 1000

Last edited by eflin; 02-10-2012 at 09:39 AM.

02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
You guys invest a lot into blunting every chance you get? I always jump on it when it comes up.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Sigh. Why has the dev abandoned this?

I NEED MORE!!!!

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
02-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnsuch View Post
You guys invest a lot into blunting every chance you get? I always jump on it when it comes up.
Yes. But ultimately it becomes irrelevant because the enemy strength jumps so much that you can't have enough blunting. Still, it's probably the best ability through most of the game, because it can weaken enemies so much that you can basically ignore them and just set up your scoring combos. By the time it's ineffective, you aren't going to score much more anyway.

If you were playing for max turns rather than max score, the calculation might be slightly different.

I would say it can be a close call whether to take a point of blunting early, or to take something like +0.25 UPG which is going to get you more upgrades of all sorts. Eventually, though, you max out all of the +UPG etc. Also, of course, sometimes you just need a point or two somewhere else to survive early, especially at Harder difficulty.
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Yes. But ultimately it becomes irrelevant because the enemy strength jumps so much that you can't have enough blunting. Still, it's probably the best ability through most of the game, because it can weaken enemies so much that you can basically ignore them and just set up your scoring combos. By the time it's ineffective, you aren't going to score much more anyway.

If you were playing for max turns rather than max score, the calculation might be slightly different.

I would say it can be a close call whether to take a point of blunting early, or to take something like +0.25 UPG which is going to get you more upgrades of all sorts. Eventually, though, you max out all of the +UPG etc. Also, of course, sometimes you just need a point or two somewhere else to survive early, especially at Harder difficulty.
For me (who always plays the shield combo when I go for high scores) I take blunting over anything but +0.25 UPG since as David pointed out it will net you more upgrades in the long run. If you were doing the treasure/coin combo I could see taking the +0.25 GP over it as well. Otherwise it is too good to pass up.

It can be said though that at some point you effectively max out blunting too... since for every point of blutning you get it becomes less and less likely to show up again... so maybe you should always take the +GP/XP/UPG first in high score runs and just assume you'll get the blunting in the long run once you've maxed out the pumps... I don't know though... I still think I'm going to take blunting most of the time I see it and certainly above anything but those GP/XP/UPG ones....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Sigh. Why has the dev abandoned this?

I NEED MORE!!!!

He is back finally it appears :- ) I imagine he just isn't going to start posting until he has an update for us... or he might just be focusing on stabilizing the android version first. See the link below

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...postcount=2152

Last edited by eflin; 02-10-2012 at 02:08 PM.
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflin View Post
It can be said though that at some point you effectively max out blunting too... since for every point of blunting you get it becomes less and less likely to show up again...
Are you sure? I don't know how I would know whether this is true or not. You could track the rate at which each upgrade is offered over the length of the game, but you would have to gather a lot of data to be really sure. I would think that it's random unless I saw evidence to the contrary.
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflin View Post
He is back finally it appears :- ) I imagine he just isn't going to start posting until he has an update for us... or he might just be focusing on stabilizing the android version first.
I would pay him to develop Dungeon Raid 2 if he actually wanted and had the time to do it.
02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the responses. I've been playing this essentially since it came out and through all of the updates. Actually going through now and leveling up every class. I think I have three of them level 10.. And I believe a level 9 Priest. Alternating between shield builds and gold builds.

Favorite race, guys?

EDIT: I second that, DaviddesJ. In fact, I third it, too.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.

Last edited by Joshnsuch; 02-10-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Lawl
02-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Are you sure? I don't know how I would know whether this is true or not. You could track the rate at which each upgrade is offered over the length of the game, but you would have to gather a lot of data to be really sure. I would think that it's random unless I saw evidence to the contrary.
I can definitely tell the difference... especially when I use the shield/upgrade build... by the end of the game I am getting a ton of upgrades (probably averaging 1 upgrade per turn when the combo is in full swing) and I get offered every upgrade numerous time but no blunting... That said, Fireflame also said this was the case and explains why in the post linked below

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...postcount=1423

And I fully agree with Fireflames logic although I do think he could tweak the balance of it a little still (i.e. I think he can safely make it occur a little more often). If I could get a lot more blunting, then I could survive a lot longer and get much higher scores.

Quote:
I would pay him to develop Dungeon Raid 2 if he actually wanted and had the time to do it.
If I had the money I would too! I'll leave it at I'll happily pay whatever price fireflame wants for future updates and/or a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnsuch View Post
Thanks for the responses. I've been playing this essentially since it came out and through all of the updates. Actually going through now and leveling up every class. I think I have three of them level 10.. And I believe a level 9 Priest. Alternating between shield builds and gold builds.

Favorite race, guys?

EDIT: I second that, DaviddesJ. In fact, I third it, too.
Yeah I maxed out about half my classes before I stopped playing for a while. That said I started up a new game today thanks to you guys so maybe I'll get back into it again for a bit :- ) It's such a good game I always end up coming back to it eventually.

As for race... I like the elf! The poison has really helped my end game and it's arch enemy is not so bad.

for class... I don't use any of the class skills but I choose ranger since it's default perk is the one I like the most.

Last edited by eflin; 02-10-2012 at 03:51 PM.