Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagman View Post
Hi all, I've just picked up this game and have a couple of questions as I can't track down a noobs guide.

I'm reading this post; http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...postcount=2239 (thanks Elfin) but hopefully someone can help me out

Is this a persistant game? Ie: ranking etc? Every time I come back to it, my characters are all level 1 (I'm playing on normal).

I've unlocked 2 characters, Priest lvl 1 fawn and Assassin lvl 1 Werewolf. I find the games menus pretty confusing, so when I'm in the Perks & Flaws & Skills screens for that character, i can't see where I can edit it - or if it's even possible.

From my understanding, I should be using the default Human race class to unlock stuff? Even that character though, is still at level 1 after 18 games.

All advice appreciated
This is not a persistent game. Each play through is a brand new adventure. The only thing that carries through game to game is the level of the classes as you snag trophies off of specials.

You can't edit skills and perks if the classes are at level one. As you level up the class more options (like changing perks, skills, etc) become unlocked. The menus could be explained better but I think they are quite good once you figure out how they work

The base human adventurer does not level ever nor can you use any perks/flaws etc with it. So every trophy you get will unlock a class. That's why I personally suggest people start with it though. It lets you get the hang of the game without needing to worry about perks/flaws, etc while allowing you to unlock the classes. Once you're comfortable with the game feel free to switch to one of the classes you unlocked and you'll start opening up more options/customization.

Feel free to post if you have any more questions!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Where is that promised update?
Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflin View Post
You can't edit skills and perks if the classes are at level one. As you level up the class more options (like changing perks, skills, etc) become unlocked.
That's what I still don't understand. I've played dozens of games, with each of the classes I've unlocked so far and every time I come back to the game, they're still Level 1 (see pic below).

I see pics here from people showing off characters\classes where they're up to 70+ etc
Old 05-07-2012, 06:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
That's what I still don't understand. I've played dozens of games, with each of the classes I've unlocked so far and every time I come back to the game, they're still Level 1 (see pic below).

I see pics here from people showing off characters\classes where they're up to 70+ etc
Sorry, there is some confusion in this game as they refer to character levels in multiple ways. Your character levels in-game have nothing to do with that class' "meta-level" for lack of a better term.

Kill enough bosses as one class and eventually that class' meta-level will move up to 2 (and so on) allowing you more customization options when playing that class (but you'll still start each game of that class as level 1).

Did I lose you?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:34 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Kill enough bosses as one class and eventually that class' meta-level will move up to 2 (and so on) allowing you more customization options when playing that class (but you'll still start each game of that class as level 1).

Did I lose you?
haha nah I think I get it now. Thanks for that
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Sorry, there is some confusion in this game as they refer to character levels in multiple ways. Your character levels in-game have nothing to do with that class' "meta-level" for lack of a better term.

Did I lose you?
Here's an easier way xD

There are 2 types of Levels

Class and Player levels.

-Class level goes up as you collect trophies. Up to level 5.

-Player level always starts up as level 1 and will go up as you collect exp in games. And when you die, like en a rogue-like, you will lose that 'character' and will have to start over again on level 1
Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
Here's an easier way xD

There are 2 types of Levels

Class and Player levels.

-Class level goes up as you collect trophies. Up to level 5.

-Player level always starts up as level 1 and will go up as you collect exp in games. And when you die, like en a rogue-like, you will lose that 'character' and will have to start over again on level 1
Nicely put! Only each class has 10 levels.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

ahh nicely put. thanks

that's a shame, I thought it had persistent characters and class levelling. oh well, still a fun game.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 AM
iPad

Quote:
ahh nicely put. thanks

that's a shame, I thought it had persistent characters and class levelling. oh well, still a fun game.
Unfortunately persistent characters would result in all the high scores being more a factor of most games played (since higher level characters will last longer) than skill. I just don't see how it could work with the way the game is.

The only idea I like that might add some more depth (story wise not game wise) is the ability to actually survive depending upon the opening story. So for example if you trekked into the dungeon to find X, then each special monster you kill after a certain point has a 1% chance to drop it. If they do you can pick it up and then choose to either "win" and get a brief scene with some text linked to the opening one for that run through... or decide to "continue on" or go for the high score. Obviously some back stories (the opening scenes) would have no logical win condition and thus sometimes you're just chugging along... but I think it'd be a nice touch myself.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
that's a shame, I thought it had persistent characters and class levelling.
It does have persistent characters and class leveling. Your character will continue to exist and level up until they get killed.

What it doesn't have is bringing characters back to life once killed. According to my DM when I played D&D in college, that's how things are supposed to work.