Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-28-2012, 02:52 PM
iPad

Thanks for the game tip. Logged about 6 hours into it and it is a fun game. I don't know if I would call it the spiritual successor to dungeon raid but I can see the comparison. I really like the progression in 10000000 between games but it seems a lot more luck based in game (some boards you just dont have many matches to make and some are super good... Particularly when you get stuck on a chest or door with no key match ups on screen). That plus the time limit makes it feel a lot less strategic than dungeon raid. Maybe it will get deeper as I go but right now it seems like a plethora of options rather than alot of depth. It seems like I'll just spend a lot of time to max out my guy and then just need to get lucky for a good hi score. Still a fun experience but I don't think I'll keep coming back to it like dungeon raid. Dungeon raid seemed so simple at first but just kept getting deeper and had a lot of interesting synergies that jept it fresh and kept me coming back. Time will tell though. I like 10000000 so far and it definitely helps mix things up while I wait for the hopeful update fire flame mentioned months back. Teh-Ninja did you ever hear back from him?

EDIT: okay I was way off with my original time estimate above. I beat 10000000 last night and it said my total play time was a little under 4 hours. Fun game but I don't see myself playing it anymore. I'd recommend it to people who like dungeon raid but also say it will only last you 5 or so solid hours. Dungeon raid is much better in my opinion.

Last edited by eflin; 07-31-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 03:11 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR3NADE View Post
Who will wait for (lost) update and who will buy 10000000? It looks pretty good, even got 5* from TA
http://toucharcade.com/2012/07/26/10000000-review
Each game is it's own, there's no need abandon this one.

To eflin: No, I never got a response from fireflame. (I still have hope that this game will once again shine soon)

Last edited by Teh_Ninja; 07-28-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM
iPad

Does anyone know any way to contact Fireflame? He hasn't been active on this site in over a year. If he's moved on and isn't going to do anything more with Dungeon Raid, I'd like to make him an offer to buy the rights. I think I can make it worth his while.

Anyone know how to get an estimate of how many copies of DR have been sold? I know there are sites that try to track this kind of thing.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I had gotten a reply for him a while back, when I posted about it in the thread, but it seems he may gotten off track. Playing the game again constantly reminds me how amazing it is. There is something so very special in the game, and it's one of the only ones I have kept playing for years and years.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

According to this link it peaked at #112 in iPhone general app rankings. I've heard it said that you need to stay in the top 250 to make a living for 2 developers working continuously on a single title priced at $2.99 (link).
Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I'm sure this has been asked in the past, but is there any way to ensure that your DR progress is saved if you upgrade your iOS. It should be done in the sync and transfer but i have had trouble before. Considering the ammount of time ive put into this game i want to keep it if possible.

Is there any way it will use iCloud save progress.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnth View Post
Is there any way it will use iCloud save progress.
Pretty sure DR's last update was way before iCloud existed. If you don't trust an iTunes backup, then copying data from the app with a third party iOS file explorer of some sort would be your only alternative afaik.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:57 AM

Please update someday for iphone 5!!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafai23 View Post
Please update someday for iphone 5!!
If the designer re-appears I'd seriously consider buying the rights to the game to make some improvements. It seems he's never going to do anything more with it.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 PM

I have an issue were this game crashes on ios6 and ip5 when I try to edit my character.
I accept that this game will probably never be fixed so is there another or better alternative game?
Thanks.