Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennfusion View Post
Why not just a skill that randomly acts as one of the other skills? That might be fun. Kind of unpredictable....might suck if it hits Big Game Hunter at a bad time.

Another skill I would like to see is an erase skill. If it comes up and you select it, it allows you to erase a skill you have already selected. This could be useful when you take an early skill, but then because of your other skill choices or the upgrades you take, you decide one is unnecessary.
I dont see why erase needs to be a separate skill, just allow deletion of skills, getting a new one costs another point. I dont think that would be OP at all, and it would certainly add strategy.

Either way, I think there is a consensus that being able to change skills in some way is a good thing
Old 02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
I dont see why erase needs to be a separate skill, just allow deletion of skills, getting a new one costs another point. I dont think that would be OP at all, and it would certainly add strategy.

Either way, I think there is a consensus that being able to change skills in some way is a good thing
I think you're onto something. While I'm not sure how this should be done, I don't think I really would want to use up a skill slot with a skill that really only lets me delete other skills.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post

Ya man I think if you could change skills that would split this game wide open strategy-wise but I foresee it making the game too easy so even more balancing would be needed and possibly even some nerfing of the more powerful ones.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard View Post
Ya man I think if you could change skills that would split this game wide open strategy-wise but I foresee it making the game too easy so even more balancing would be needed and possibly even some nerfing of the more powerful ones.
Yeah, this was why I thought it should be a skill you take. I think it would make things too easy.

So my thought was that you take a skill choice that deletes a skill and you pick which skill goes, and then you use your 2nd pick that turn take another skill (if you like one that is available).

I think there should be thought in taking skills early, and I don't think it should be a sure thing that you can change one.

Alternatively, you could make the skill so that it if you pick the Swap Skill, you pick one of your current 1-4 skills to replace and it gives you a random 4 skills to replace it with. So it is just a single skill use. Yes, you still lose that one skill pick from earlier...but I think that is balanced.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I don't think I want to update the game if it makes leech even less useful. Blah.
I feel like I'm finally just getting the hang of this game and they go and reduce the effectiveness of a whole bunch of stuff.

And i still don't know what benefit "Luck" has. And "Vitality".

Last edited by yacoub; 02-02-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-02-2011, 08:33 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

An update that makes upgrades worse? No thanks. Not unless they reset the leaderboards and require that you have the newest upgrade to place(or if they actually added something that is useful in an update)
Old 02-02-2011, 09:45 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoub View Post
I don't think I want to update the game if it makes leech even less useful. Blah.
I feel like I'm finally just getting the hang of this game and they go and reduce the effectiveness of a whole bunch of stuff.

And i still don't know what benefit "Luck" has. And "Vitality".
Luck is pretty critical. It makes potions more powerful. For ever point of luck, each potion gives that much health. So if your luck score is only 1, each potion you collect gives you 1 life. If your luck score is 5, each potion gives you 5 life.

In addition, it gives you +5% for bonus coins. This means that when you collect coins each coin you collect past the 3rd has a % chance of giving you a bonus coin.

Vitality raises your base life, and it modifies your +% chance for bonus potions, which works the same as coins.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 AM
iPhone 3GS

I still don't understand how life leech works - I'm attacking monsters normally but nothing different is happening to my HP
Old 02-03-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewomble88 View Post
I still don't understand how life leech works - I'm attacking monsters normally but nothing different is happening to my HP
The more damage you do, the more life you leech. Basically really good when you're higher level (~15-20).
Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 AM

Someone said rogue-like and match-3 in the same sentence... *bought!*