★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kris Arndt
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 38.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.28
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A complete 3D chess experience in HD. Swipe rotate and pinch to zoom to adjust the board to any viewing angle. Watch as your Queen moves in real time to its destination and obliterates the opposing piece. Play online with Game Center, Bluetooth or locally against your friends, family and other chess enthusiasts.

Features include:
- 3D board and pieces with the ability to rotate to any view
- Game Center achievements, leaderboard, matchmaking and voice chat
- Play against a computer opponent
- 2 player local mode
- Play online or over Bluetooth versus your friends
- Official FIDE (Elo) rating system
- iPad support
- Retina display support
- 4 different 3D environments
- Undo
- Online leaderboard
- Lobby notifications notify you when your game is joined or a move is made
- Multiplayer chat
- 2D button to lock the screen in 2D mode
- 2D piece set option for 2D mode
- 3D lock view button
- Optional auto rotate that saves each player's viewing angle and returns to it after each move (perfect for the iPad)
- Online games can be played at any pace and your opponent does not need to be online to play
- Save and load previous games
- Load a saved game and play it with a friend via Bluetooth
- PGN export and load
- Varying computer opponent difficulty
- FICS (freechess.org) integration.
11-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Does it support gamecenter

11-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Looks really nice, but as fat said, does it support gamecenter? cause I would love to play with my friends via Gamecenter.
11-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Graphics look plain ugly on an iPad
11-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Game center would be nice, but I wouldn't say it's pretty important to have to make this app a hit.

I've heard going against the computer is annoying, such as there is no difficulty mode. Any comments on that?

Game Center Username: Xelorx
Notify me that you're from TA if you add me on Game Center.
11-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxelman View Post
Game center would be nice, but I wouldn't say it's pretty important to have to make this app a hit.

I've heard going against the computer is annoying, such as there is no difficulty mode. Any comments on that?
Yeah there is no difficulty levels plus the most annoying sound I have ever heard when you move your pieces
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
There is no Game Center support, but there is still online play available. At first I was going to support Game Center, but I wanted to make the game available on the PC, Mac, iOS and eventually Android. Currently, you can play against another opponent online on the PC, Mac or iOS. Game Center would not have allowed that. Maybe there is some way I can integrate the two without it being cumbersome.

As for difficulty mode, the computer is not as strong as some of the other Chess games. Rendering a 3D scene at 30 frames per second takes a lot out of the processor so I had to sacrifice computer strength. The faster device, the stronger the computer will perform.

The iPad graphics are the same graphics for the other devices. Do you mean the menu graphics do not look as good when scaled up? The 3D chess board should be in HD so it should still look good.

I will also improve the move sound.

Thanks for the feedback!
11-17-2010, 03:10 AM
Improved textures, better sounds and Game Center support will be added in the next update. I have some promo codes, please reply if you are interested.
11-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Yes.I like code.I like Chess

Editor at TouchArchive - Follow us:Twitter Facebook
Games List Tested Join our staff just PM me.
If you want to see your game on our blog,just send us a request.
11-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Will you add game Center achievements when you support it. Will buy now if you do. Addicted to completing game center achievements