★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New York Times Crossword interface question

03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
New York Times Crossword interface question

Hi Everyone.

I'm a new poster to TouchArcade but been reading the site for awhile now. Usually when I get a question about an app someone on here has already asked and another person(s) have answered so I never had to post before.

I am interested in the New York Times Crossword app but don't know if I'll like the interface. The other crossword apps I've tried I haven't much cared for the interface (nothing wrong with the apps just a personal preference).

If anyone has gotten this app can you post a description and maybe a little review about the interface? I'm really tempted by this app but the price makes me want to get some more info before I bite.

Thanks

PS: please leave the price wars out of this, just some honest opinions please.
03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhunt View Post

PS: please leave the price wars out of this, just some honest opinions please.
Lol, yup, you've been reading previous posts .

Sorry, I can't really tell you much though; I haven't tried the game out.

Playing: Undead Vampire: 239404497/kiwi91@rocketmail.com MGS Touch, Let's Golf, G.I. Joyride, Space Ninja, Scoops, Textropolis, Hanoi, Agency Wars 5958, Watchmen, Flick Fishing, Light Jockey, GeoDefense, SkyForce Reloaded, Supermarket Mania, Zen Bound, Edge, Sway, 7 Cities, The Creeps!, iDracula, ExZeus, Tap Tap Revenge 2
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
USA Today Crosswords uses the same interface as Crosswords. Those two I like the interface quite a bit especially if you compare them to say for example New York Times Crosswords on DS. And I like it more than 2 Across. Those three I believe are the tops 3 crosswords puzzles in the app store each one has a demo too except USA Today Crosswords.

2 Across had NY Times Puzzles then had to remove them and then added it back in as premium subscription puzzles so it was only inevitable and matter of time till we saw New York Times Crossword app.

So to answer your question not sure. I did buy Phase 10 yesterday for $1 who is the same dev who make NY Times crossword app and thought it's ok but could've been better in the UI dept so tiny areas to touch. Hope they get this one decent cuz at it's current price it begs for a lite version for sure to test out the interface.