• Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 36.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Battlestar Commander is an action packed, multi-player tabletop sci -fi shooter. The games makes amazing use of iPhone's and iPad's multitouch feature - allowing you to navigate your ships and shoot at the enemy with a flick of a finger. It can sometimes be an exercise in dexterity, but the task is all the more fun as you see things explode on the screen.

STORY LINE

The state of humanity is in peril. The dying sun, Earth depleted of resources, our galaxy is no longer capable of sustaining life. Deep in the little-explored regions of space, luckily we have found a world that could be our saving grace. Battle the opposing forces for control of this uninhabited world. In Battlestar Commander you act as a defender of your base. Using an array of ships at your disposal you must destroy as many planes of your enemy as possible and eventually the base itself as well.

THE GAME

Points are scored for each plane that you bring down and eventually destroy the base. The longer the distance at which you bring down a plane is, the more points are scored. In its turn, the enemy will be attacking your base decreasing the protection and viability of the structure.

Enjoy the game with a friend! In multiplayer more challenge your friends to a battle of skill and strategy as you battle each other each with your own arsenal of ships.

FEATURES

Amazing 3D graphics and an a realistic AI - physics model

A fantastic turn based game that tests your tactical and strategic skills

An epic campaign mode, with more than 20 planets and more than 50 missions

In game currency that enables you to further upgrade your BattleStar and your fleet of ship to maximize your striking power.

One versus one mode offering numerous combinations of play, offering hours of gameplay, always different and entertaining

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

11-16-2010, 02:16 PM
I've only played about 30 minutes but so far I'm not a huge fan of the swipe controls. It could grow on me, I guess.

11-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I agree. The game itself is pretty decent though. Still, alternative controls like touch and drag ala Steambirds might give it better playability.
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
What are the 50,000 coins for $1.99 for?
11-16-2010, 08:18 PM
The IAP is for credits you use to kit out your mothership and buy ships. You can still get credits playing normally but it's tough to save up if your mothership gets damaged as repairs cost money. Not required, IMHO but it can space out some cooler ships and upgrades for longer than it should.
11-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Is versus mode Internet multiplayer? It's unclear
11-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
What are the 50,000 coins for $1.99 for?
In app DLC level packs are OK but I tend to stay away from games with in app greed, its just as easy to add a in app free cheat button.
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
I think I will wait for a video or a lite. The two player vs sounds good though.
11-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah, after playing some more I'm not convinced. I'm still fighting the controls. I know where I want my ship to go but I can't get it there because I don't know where a swipe is going to put my ship. The time limit just means that any planning that I've done ahead of my turn becomes useless because I only have so little time to do it. It *kind of* works for the turrets but imo it's useless for ship movement. I'll give it some more time later this week, but I really doubt that I'm going to spend more cash on IAP.