★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: * Dark Lords * - fantastic adventurous game comes

11-15-2010, 11:33 AM
*Dark Lords* - fantastic adventurous game comes!

Developer group "GAMEHUNTER" who are well-known as developers of “Coast Defense – Reloaded” created this fabulous game. <Dark Lords> is a side-scrolling RTS game. If you are into Defense or Strategy games, it’s what you are looking for! Lots of skills and upgrades give you great joy!!

Check out "Dark Lords LITE" & "Dark Lords for iPad LITE" for FREE

Join Promo & Giftcard Contests RIGHT NOW:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by gamehunter; 12-16-2010 at 04:14 AM. Reason: to add play video
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
anyone wana test drive this?

11-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by jooordan View Post
yes.Many of our customers like to play games with the iphone 4. Great feeling
I have no idea what's going on.

I noticed this when it came out. It looks interesting.
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm not usually a big fan of these types of games. I did get Crystal War because the artwork was great.

I love the art style animation and atmosphere shown in the video.
I'll wait for comments on how the game actually plays. I will surely keep my eye on this one.
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
How does this compare to Crystal Wars?
11-16-2010, 12:19 PM
WOW this is an awesome game!

If you are a fan of crystal war, this game is a MUST. It plays almost identical but with tons of units and upgrades. Also not only do you get to upgrade the units - but you can upgrade their abilities too. There are also tons of stats in this game too. All i can say is WOW
11-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Thx for the short review.

Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
If you are a fan of crystal war, this game is a MUST. It plays almost identical but with tons of units and upgrades. Also not only do you get to upgrade the units - but you can upgrade their abilities too. There are also tons of stats in this game too. All i can say is WOW
I agree with ya.
The beauty of this game is you can reverse the tide of losing battles by your decisions!
11-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Game Impressions

I spent a couple hours playing this game tonight. This is a pretty cool RTS game, I'd say its similar to Cartoon Wars or Crystal War in gameplay but with its own theme and style. The unit upgrade system in this game is set up well, throughout the levels you earn ABILITY POINTS and then choose to buy/upgrade whatever you want if you have enough points and meet the requirements to. There is a pretty cool selection of upgrades- units, abilities, and magic spells to buy. Dark Lords has some depth for an RTS game. This game has good detailed menus, upgrade screens, and a map to show your level progress. The graphics and animations are good, character graphics are a little on the small side which is my only gripe about the game but its not a big deal, it would just be nice if they were a little bigger(for the iphone at least). The character units look almost like shadowed figures with a dusk dim lighting and some occasional effects going on in the background, cool and stylish. Backgrounds look nice artistically. I think the music and sounds of this game are cool and add a nice touch to immersing you into the gameplay. The controls of this game are smooth, no complaints. Swiping left or right on the screen during a level will quickly get you to any area of action you want to view with no skip or lag.

At the start of the game you have a choice to fight a war as humans or demons, so there appears to be 2 different campaigns to play through or at least 2 ways to play through the campaign. You take on both humans and monsters no matter which side you choose. I've played around 8-10 levels into each. There are 3 different levels of difficulty for each level(easy,medium,hard), and you can replay the levels on different difficulties to earn an extra ability point for each one you complete. This helps a lot so you can afford to buy better units/upgrades which are a must as the game gets more difficult.

From what I played of this game so far i'm totally digging it. I would say after the first few levels there is a fair amount of strategy involved in it and overall the game a worthwhile pickup for fans of the genre. Definitely an enjoyable RTS game.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

Last edited by freedog; 11-17-2010 at 03:25 PM.
11-17-2010, 03:29 AM
This game looks totally amazing. I like the strategic choice of troops (rock - scissor - paper) and the artwork. Bought it, hope to have a good time playing it.
11-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Has anyone have any success using the assassin? He doesn't seem to do anything for me (even with the hide in daylight upgrade). But i've seen the computer use it very effectively against me!