★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Soma Creates
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 16.5 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Celebrate 30 sweet years of Strawberry Shortcake with the smash hit #1 kid's game! Join Strawberry at her Café for an exciting fruit smoothie sensation. Children and parents alike will enjoy playing this fast-paced game exclusive to the iPhone and iPod touch.

Strawberry Shortcake needs your help to serve up perfect fruit smoothies. Sort the fruit into the correct smoothie glasses as fast as you can, but watch out for the sour berriesthey can ruin your perfect smoothie creation.

Look for Strawberrys berry best friends, Blueberry Muffin, Lemon Meringue, and Orange Blossom to make special guest appearances at Strawberry Shortcakes Berry Café.

Fun for the entire family
Game difficulty is automatically adjusted, so that you are always challenged no matter what your skill level.

As seen on TV
Experience the world of Strawberry Shortcake as seen on The Hub, a new TV network from Hasbro and Discovery Communications.

Experiencing a Problem?
We want you and your kids to be happy. So, if you experience a problem email strawberryshortcake@somacreates.com and we'll help you out.

cjsbug's comments:

I picked this up for my daughter because she loves Strawberry Shortcake.
And while the graphics are cute and the gameplay is straightforward, there is one major flaw. There is no scoring, and no end to the game!

It starts off slowly where you sort fruits into the appropriate buckets. As you advance there are more fruits to sort and they come faster. Alternatively if you failing miserably, the difficulty is automatically dumbed down.

The absence of a score is puzzling...
There's the appearance of a multiplier, but it does nothing because there is no score.

There is even a "glimmer berry" which acts a a wild card. The goal is to get as many fruits into the cups regardless of color, but it doesn't mean anything because, again, there's no score.

I even intentionally misplaced every single fruit and it just gave me one star and kept going!! There's no way to lose!!! And no way to quit or start over or even replay the tutorial. But since there is no score I guess it doesn't matter.

Needless to say, my daughter will be bored with this in moments as there is no challenge and no tracking of improvement.

Unless this is changed, this is one app to avoid.

There... I TOFTT'ed
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Odds Bodkins!

Did you try flipping the A/B switches?

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
11-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Odds Bodkins!

Did you try flipping the A/B switches?

Maybe he was playing in one berry mode. You need to pump up the difficulty to 6 berries, so whack that select switch a few times. That'll fix it.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko