★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: AMT Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 81.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.7 (6)
App description: #1 Strategy game in more than 50 countries!

PRESS QUOTES:
"If youre looking for a more serious tower defense game that doesnt include cowboys & indians or anything remotely cutesy, then Epic War TD is your game" - IntoMobile

"Epic War offers up some of the most action for the tower defense genre" - AppAdvice

FEATURES:
- Enjoy MASSIVE BATTLES
- 10 Unique levels
- 5 types of towers
- 14 types of enemies
- Endless mode on each level
- FULL HD Retina graphics
- Game Center & OpenFeint
- Polished controls and User Interface

>>>iPad version is avalable in iPad's App Store<<<
11-16-2010, 01:23 AM
StarCraft theme?

Twitter: @niezam - Game Center: niezam

11-16-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by niezam View Post
StarCraft theme?
That's ridiculous!

It's Starcraft 2 theme.

GC: Scarlock

oO(x_x)0o
,..|>o<|..,
11-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Hoooodapp! Quick, before it gets pulled!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Any impressions on this???
11-17-2010, 02:21 PM
I decided to try this game out as I'm addicted to tower defense games, I have over 50 TD games on my ipod. This a very solid and challenging TD game. This game does a lot of things right, it uses the drag to place control scheme but also uses a build button so when you're dragging your tower you don't place it in the wrong spot. You can upgrade your towers damage, rate of fire, and range plus when you get all the upgrades to level 3 it will allow you to add a special buff to that tower.

It uses a very different method for your lives though, your lives start at 80 and are cumulative through the game. So if you lose 5 lives on the first stage, you only have 75 through the rest of the game but it does allow you to replay levels and if you do better then it recalculates your lives to the appropriate number. I think this set up adds a great reason to replay levels and try to do better. This is really a very solid TD game and I really enjoy the Sci-Fi feel of the game. It's no walk in the park though, my first time through I was just checking the game out and it kicked my ass.

So anyone else who loves TD games should really check this game out.

Last edited by ojtitus; 11-26-2010 at 11:45 PM.
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Just finished it! The teaser for their new game coming early 2011 is awesome overall this is one of the best td with original mechanics (swipe, minigames) it's also pretty tough. The guys that worked on it were supposed to do a starcraft td i think so it's pretty obvious here.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
11-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Just finished it! The teaser for their new game coming early 2011 is awesome overall this is one of the best td with original mechanics (swipe, minigames) it's also pretty tough. The guys that worked on it were supposed to do a starcraft td i think so it's pretty obvious here.
How are the unit animations? A lot of TDs have nice graphics but units look like they have 3 or 4 cells at most.
11-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
How are the unit animations? A lot of TDs have nice graphics but units look like they have 3 or 4 cells at most.
Oh yeah animations are pretty great, retina support should be coming soon thats a plus. The real problem is that theres only 3 real maps but every maps has a different set of enemy ( each from starcraft)

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Actually there are 4 maps, here is pretty full review which i found on the web :

http://ifanzine.com/epic-war-td-review