★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MumboJumbo
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 16.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Discover how smart you really are!

4.5 out of 5 Stars!
We've played many number/logic games, but few are as addictive or thoughtful as TrueThought's Everyday Genius: Square Logic. This game was so good, it literally infected our dreams after a night of playing it. Gamezebo.com

4 out of 5 Stars!
While there are some similarities between these types of puzzles, there are more than enough differences to make Square Logic stand out from the competition. Gadgetspeak.com

The next generation of puzzle games is here! Combining simple arithmetic with colorful cages and logical problem solving, this new puzzle game makes sure you never have to guessand you dont have to be a math wiz!

Taking Sudoku to the next level, Everyday Genius: SquareLogic can calculate and display possible solutions automaticallyallowing you to spend more time playing and less time tediously jotting down possibilities. With puzzles ranging from first-grade easy to astrophysicist hard, youll progress along the path to enlightenment as you build your problem-solving brain power with Everyday Genius: SquareLogic.

FEATURES

- New types of puzzles never before seen in any game!
- More than 2,000 puzzles, with over 18 different varieties and 6 different sizes
- Automatically handles notation and possibilities for you
- No need to be a math wiz; solution possibilities are provided, letting you focus on puzzle-solving logic rather than arithmetic
- Dazzling array of puzzles, with enough variety to tempt even the most sophisticated puzzle palatehidden cages, double boards, comparisons, sequences, and more
- Guide teaches you new ways to look at the problem and arrive at the correct solution
- Thousands of puzzles at each level to challenge players of all ages and abilities
- Excellent tutorial

*Note: Gamezebo.coms and Gadget Speaks reviews refer to PC version of Everyday Genius: SquareLogic.

djflippy's comments:
I've played this on Steam and it is an exceptional puzzle game.

11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
$9.99 for a puzzlebox ? wow..... From the looks of it, it just looks
like all the other ones for $1.99 or $.99

11-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Normally I wouldn't complain about price but I think devs do have to price themselves with their competition, and there aren't too many number puzzles in the app store for ten bucks.
If this ever comes on sale, I'll grab it for sure.
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
What would you recommend for a good "puzzle box" I've been hooked on that Nonogmix thingie lately
11-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potteronehalf View Post
What would you recommend for a good "puzzle box" I've been hooked on that Nonogmix thingie lately

$4.99 - $6.99 I am willing to pay.. and did for most puzzle games.
the nonogmix is indeed addicting

this game though, is just solving some math. like Sudoken I thin it was called.
for the Itouch.

but who am I. everyone has their own opinion on how much to spent.
11-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potteronehalf View Post
If you like logic puzzles, you can't go wrong with Puzzle Maniak which is a collection of 20 types of infinately-generated puzzles, for two bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
This KenKen game is significantly better than the competition, in my opinion, and I own them all. 20,000 puzzles, each with only one solution, a total that I doubt most people could complete in a lifetime. It also has and entirely new take on KenKen, called Hidden Cage puzzles that are phenomenal. It has an extensive, tiered hint system, which can serve as a tutorial to new players. The game has a level of polish far above any other competing product. It's definitely a best-in-class title.

Edit: I hope this is a typo, but the app store description says "2,000" puzzles. The PC version has 20,000.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 11-16-2010 at 06:40 PM.
11-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This KenKen game is significantly better than the competition, in my opinion, and I own them all. 20,000 puzzles, each with only one solution, a total that I doubt most people could complete in a lifetime. It also has and entirely new take on KenKen, called Hidden Cage puzzles that are phenomenal. It has an extensive, tiered hint system, which can serve as a tutorial to new players. The game has a level of polish far above any other competing product. It's definitely a best-in-class title.

Edit: I hope this is a typo, but the app store description says "2,000" puzzles. The PC version has 20,000.
I thought that Latkin (no longer available on iTunes) was one of the better Ken Ken versions, largely due to the solutions possibilities that one could visualize. Does this game do this well?

And, if you could quickly run through 2000 puzzles to answer the question about 2000 vs. 20000 that would also be most appreciated...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
11-16-2010, 07:34 PM
I dunno, there are about three and a half billion* Sudoku games and variants on the number puzzle genre on the App Store. I really don't think this is anything unique enough to warrant that kind of price tag with such an extreme amount of competition and display no obvious ways in which this differentiates itself significantly enough from its peers to stand on its own merit.

* May be slightly hyperbolous.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
11-16-2010, 09:26 PM
This looks....expensive.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!