★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: QWRKii
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 25.3 MB
  • Version: 1.12
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Have you got what it takes to get the Kobotos home?

The Kobotos are a race of cute little robots that have got themselves lost in a colorful but treacherous land. Armed only with a box of tools, your task is to help them get home.

Kubrik is a innovative and highly addictive new puzzle-platformer that will keep you entertained for hours as you navigate your way through 60 challenging levels in 3 beautiful worlds. The unique tool-switching gameplay means that you will need to use both skill and logic to make your way though, and each level will provide you with fresh challenges. Hidden tokens scattered throughout the levels will ensure that even if you can rescue all the Kobotos, there's still much more fun to be had.

* Varied and innovative gameplay
* Intuitive tilt-n-tap controls
* Realistic physics
* Gorgeous 3d graphics
* Original soundtrack by composer Chris Huelsbeck.
11-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm surprised that this has failed to attract any attention. It's a credible attempt at an original puzzle platformer, with stylish graphics reminiscent of Rolando (but very different gameplay). It's not perfect by any means, but certainly fun and interesting -- so far at least.

11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
First impression: it's rough around the edges but extremely charming.
I think, the music alone makes it worth it, the soundtrack is just brilliant.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

Last edited by your personal robot; 11-16-2010 at 06:55 PM.
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Trailer/vid looks kinda fun-ish. I love the artwork!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
11-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Trailer/vid looks kinda fun-ish. I love the artwork!

Wow, that does look really nice.
11-23-2010, 01:02 AM
a few more screens:

Click image for larger version

Name:	s057.png
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	26344

Name:	s038.png
Views:	0
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	26343

Name:	s075.png
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	26345

Name:	ss083.png
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	26346

The first update got approved yesterday- and theres a lite version coming very soon.
11-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
it's rough around the edges but extremely charming.
That's exactly how I feel about the game. It's very intuitive but feels a bit unpolished. Besides that, it's a real gem gameplay-wise.

@QWRKii: Have you considered adding an in-game level editor? Being the the levels are viewed horizontally linear, a level editor would work perfectly.

Also, Game Center integration with achievements would be a great addition.
11-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for buying Kubrik and for all the positive and constructive comments.
We're planning to have another update out soon and add a bit more polish to the game. Also, if people keep buying the game we'd love to update it with more features- a level editor does sound like fun..

Its a very exciting time for us, we are a very small company, just the two of us at the moment, and this is our debut title as indie developers. We have a bunch more ideas in the pipeline, hopefully you'll be seeing more from us soon!
11-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Bought this last night and like what I've been playing! It's a very cool looking game and I love the puzzle aspect of it. Great purchase and I wish you the best of luck! It's great to see a developer here supporting their product.

I'm definitely leaving a good review on the app store, I like your game!

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride