★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Midnight Pool iPhone Screens

10-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Midnight Pool iPhone Screens

Midnight Pool came out for iPhone! This is a great game. I had the first one for mobile phones and it was awesome. Probably one of the best pool games for cell phones.

This one is really good on the iPhone. The graphics are ok, not the crispest out there but the english and angles are real good. I think game play is most important and this one is very strong. I like the power bar. It makes it easy to shoot and once you get the hang of it you can really control the shot well.

As a simulation it is real good. I've been playing it an hour and only got through 4 different games in Story mode. I like the loading with the racks. lol

Story is decent, the remarks the players make are funny & the camera angles are really in depth. Once again a lot was put into this game.

Here are some screens:

Here is a link to check out more about the game before purchasing:

Midnight Pool iPhone Game

I really liked this one and highly recommend it.
10-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to Magnulus Send a message via Skype™ to Magnulus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray mouser View Post
The graphics are ok, not the crispest out there but the english and angles are real good.
Yes! Love game with real good english, I do!
I'm sorry, that was mean.

There's already a thread about this game, and it seems to not really share your opinions on it. You should check it out.

10-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Why didn't you just post this in the other thread that has already started here ?
I actually strongly disagree with regards to this being a good simulation- it is more an arcade game than simulation in my opinion, and find Virtual Pool much better, as I said in the other thread.

Are you one of the developers?
Where did you get the screenshots from? That bottom one definitely isn't a screenshot from the app running, as in the app it has got a bar at the bottom saying "tap anywhere to continue".

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 10-24-2008 at 12:06 PM.
10-24-2008, 12:33 PM
haha - busted.

Hey, why don't people use this saying more, "One of the best xxx games on the iphone"
Someone get me a gun so we can kill that cliche already.
10-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Yes! Love game with real good english, I do!
I'm sorry, that was mean.

There's already a thread about this game, and it seems to not really share your opinions on it. You should check it out.
Its an opinion, nothing more, just like theirs. I saw the thread but it was just a bunch of questions about it. I saw some screens and posted them.

English is spin, have you ever played pool before? I've played quite a few pool games, real & video. I haven't played others because I'm a fan and knew they would come out with this one. They have this game on every thing, even the computer. I never said it was the best pool game on iphone but it is a good pool game. Sorry if you don't think so, no need to hack at someone with a different opinion.
10-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to Magnulus Send a message via Skype™ to Magnulus
I wasn't hacking on you, I was telling you that there was a thread about the game already. It's generally easier to discuss a game if there's one thread for both sides and not one thread for the people who hate it and one for the people who like it. I hope that clears up my intentions.
10-24-2008, 01:17 PM
You have a point. I just thought I added something more with the screenshots is all. Sometimes people won't go to a thread they've already checked out.

If the mods feel it is necessary they can always merge the two.

Quote:
Hey, why don't people use this saying more, "One of the best xxx games on the iphone"
Someone get me a gun so we can kill that cliche already.
I wouldn't state that unless I played them.
10-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray mouser View Post
You have a point. I just thought I added something more with the screenshots is all. Sometimes people won't go to a thread they've already checked out.
Imagine having 89 threads discussing the same game, one for the release, one for screenshots, one for music, one for 3D modelling, one for character design, one for animation, one for tips and tricks, one for walkthrough, one for critiques, etc.

Let's keep it simple