★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Moonjump
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 20.7 MB
  • Version: 3.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: ShootStorm, a fast-paced neo-retro 3D arcade shoot-em-up with touch and tilt control options.

Carve a circle as the enemies fly out at you, twisting and turning. Automatic shooting keeps the controls simple and the action fluid.

ShootStorm is a universal app compatible with everything that can run iOS games, and makes full use of retina displays.

Aim for the top of the Game Center high score table as you progress through the 40 achievements that reward your success.

Enjoy the screenshots, but they do not do ShootStorm justice, movement brings the game to life.

Moonjump's comments:
Sorry I cannot edit the title. TiltStorm now has virtual control options, right-handed set as the default, left-handed is also available, plus the original tilt control. This post has been amended to show the latest revisions.

TiltStorm is a 3D arcade game in the style of Tempest and Gyruss.

YouTube video:

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Looks like a cool game. Will there be a lite to try this game out before buying? Good luck on the release...

Game Center ID: Snooptalian

11-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Looks like a cool game. Will there be a lite to try this game out before buying? Good luck on the release...
I've been considering a lite version, but another project has come up that means putting the plan on hold. Hopefully I will be able to put a little time aside to do it.
11-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonjump View Post
I've been considering a lite version, but another project has come up that means putting the plan on hold. Hopefully I will be able to put a little time aside to do it.
It has been a common response that TiltStorm looks a cool game, but are unsure of buying due to doubts over the unusual control system. I will make the time to do a lite version as first priority so that everyone can sample it.
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
TiltStorm updated

I wish I could change the thread name as I have updated TiltStorm with virtual control options. I have also added automatic firing and a few other improvements. Feedback from the forum members who have tested the update say it is a major improvement. You can see the new gameplay in the video below.

To mark this occasion I am dropping the price to $0.99 / 59p tomorrow (Saturday).

Also coming tomorrow is the promised free version. It is called TiltStorm Survival as it only has one life per game. There are also adverts, but you do get the full game apart from the number of lives.

Last edited by Moonjump; 01-25-2011 at 06:49 PM.
12-17-2010, 06:52 PM
it actually looks pretty good. simple and accessible.
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
The Podgamer website originally gave TiltStorm a poor review due to disliking the controls. They have reviewed the update and like it, giving it a Podgamer Recommended status.

http://podgamer.com/5269/tiltstorm-returns/
01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
TiltStorm has been updated with improved graphics, including much improved menus. Here is an example of the instructions:

04-01-2011, 07:10 PM
TiltStorm has been updated to version 2.5. This brings smoother performance, new iPad controls, and minor graphical improvements.

This is on top of the previous improvements. Virtual controls were added to make version 2.0, the GUI is totally different, the graphics have been refined continually, clearer instructions, performance improvements, bug fixes, and so on.

The only thing that has remained is the gameplay. I don't want to make all the Game Center high scores redundant, and I'm very happy with the way it is. And there are no complaints about it.

All feedback is more than welcome, it is encouraged.

The new YouTube video:

Youtube link | Pop Up