★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Buy games now or wait?

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Spend the $26 3 10.34%
Buy some games, save half of it for later 24 82.76%
Just wait 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll
03-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Buy games now or wait?

I have $26 on my giftcard, should I buy games now or wait? I have a lot of games on my mind, but not sure if its worth it just to wait and see what else comes out. I have the patience to wait, but I'm not sure if better games are going to come out or if the games are going to get price-drops (I have AppSniper, but haven't been taunted by too many prices).

I currently have my eye on 25 games, including:
Sway
Warfare Incorporated
Orions: Legend of Wizards
Edge
PuzzleQuest
Lets Golf
etc, I'm looking for well-made games and games with frequent updates (I really want WI, but the update doesn't look like its coming soon)

I already have:
Fieldrunners
7Cities
geoDefense
The Quest
Hero of Sparta
Zen Bound
iDracula
iShoot
Touchgrind
and a few more

So, is it worth it just to play out the games I have and wait till a couple months, or go on a shopping spree?
03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
if i were in ur position i would spend only on things on sale..

03-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Personally, I would buy Edge, Let's Golf and Sway now. There's no sense in waiting a few months and you may as well enjoy what you can now. New games will be coming, but that will always be the case. I suggest you add GI Joyride and Sentinel to your list.
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry to unload you you, but I'm really tired of these messages.

Make up your own mind. We know nothing about you, your financial situation, your age, your sex, etc.

Perhaps pick up a magic 8 ball? It'd give you the same accuracy.
03-17-2009, 07:04 PM
hmm... you could get one now, play it till you get bored, and then get the next one on your list. I personally spend every dollar on my gift card the second I get it. Why wait when I could get instant satisfaction?
03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Eh, if you are happy playing what you have, why rush into buying some extra stuff? It will only be a dead weight.

If you are not, then research, try Lites and make your selection.
03-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnithrope View Post

Make up your own mind. We know nothing about you, your financial situation, your age, your sex, etc.

I agree with Omnithrope, just not nearly as severely as he said it. Unfortunately we have no idea what your tastes are. That and the list is quite big.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
03-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Games can sometimes take forever to come out and then sometimes some come out earlier than expected.

There is a saying..why put off tomorrow, what you can do today? It's obvious you WANT to buy games since you have a large list. Buy what you want and go with what YOU want and don't let others make your decision for you.

Last edited by CandyNJ66; 03-17-2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: typo
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnithrope View Post

actually i think this thread is fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong posting it, first of all he/she is very descriptive with information on what he already has and what he is looking for, his age and sex have nothing to do with this at all, now there is something wrong with posting a thread stating i have $4 what do i buy......

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sponger View Post
I have $26 on my giftcard, should I buy games now or wait? I have a lot of games on my mind, but not sure if its worth it just to wait and see what else comes out. I have the patience to wait, but I'm not sure if better games are going to come out or if the games are going to get price-drops (I have AppSniper, but haven't been taunted by too many prices).

I currently have my eye on 25 games, including:
Sway
Warfare Incorporated
Orions: Legend of Wizards
Edge
PuzzleQuest
Lets Golf
etc, I'm looking for well-made games and games with frequent updates (I really want WI, but the update doesn't look like its coming soon)

I already have:
Fieldrunners
7Cities
geoDefense
The Quest
Hero of Sparta
Zen Bound
iDracula
iShoot
Touchgrind
and a few more

So, is it worth it just to play out the games I have and wait till a couple months, or go on a shopping spree?
pocket god?