★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Talking Gremlin - Amazing 3D Graphics, FREE for Limited Time Only!

11-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Talking Gremlin - Amazing 3D Graphics, FREE for Limited Time Only!

Hey guys,

For the past few months, we've been working on something very special at FIPLAB. We've seen many similar apps come out whilst this little gem of ours has been in development. However, we wanted to perfect ours before announcing it here on Touch Arcade.

Allow us to introduce our latest app, 'Talking Gremlin', starring our little gremlin from space, Fanthorp Icarus Parsec, aka Little Fip.

Fip is from a planet about 250 million light years away from Earth. His granddaddy is running for President of the New Galactic Order and he has sent him on a mission to find out the best way to make people vote for him.

On his family's past visits to Earth (think Roswell, 1947), they noticed that Earth's leaders simply tell people what they want to hear and then proceed to do the exact opposite. His granddad absolutely LOVES this idea and wants to do the same back home. However, to test whether their observations are really true, little Fip must see for himself whether repeating what people want to hear will make everyone like him.

Fip currently lives in a small bedroom where he's been carrying out his research. A little secret - Fip loves eating pumpkins and found a lot of them lying around after Halloween. Yummy!

The primitive technology on Earth makes Fip laugh, but he has decided to carry out his research on a grand scale by digitalising himself and interacting with everyone through his very own iPhone, iPod and iPad app.

Here is a list of things Fip has told us he'll agree to do, but he has warned us to tell people not to push their luck.

In his own words, I will:
  • Repeat what you say, but in my awesome voice
  • Laugh when you tickle me - giggle!
  • Wave at you
  • Taunt you weak humans with my muscular strength
  • Take any physical abuse you throw at me - but be easy, I'm a tough little guy and I WILL fight back!
  • Fall asleep right before your face if you ignore me
  • Cry when I get hurt - I'm tough but I have feelings too, you know?
  • Be forced to do something you may not like if you annoy me too much!

VIDEO:

SCREENSHOTS:

Talking Gremlin is currently FREE for a limited time only, download it today and don't miss out!

FIPLAB - We make Fascinatingly Interesting Propositions
-> Follow us on Twitter!
-> Add us on Facebook!
11-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Ah, looks like the Gremlin's being a cheeky little bugger singing a capella and adding in his little wisecracks

Youtube link | Pop Up

11-16-2010, 09:18 PM

11-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey all - we're now in the Top 10 Entertainment apps (iPad version) category on the AppStore in several geographical territories! We're also in Top 50 Entertainment for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Download Talking Gremlin at it's introductory price of zero dollars, ie, FREE!
11-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Looked interesting as a novelty but doesn't work on my ipod with the apple mic earphones at all and I was just on skype before so I know they are working.

Tried a couple of times just to be sure but no joy.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
11-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Looked interesting as a novelty but doesn't work on my ipod with the apple mic earphones at all and I was just on skype before so I know they are working.

Tried a couple of times just to be sure but no joy.
That's really strange, we've tested it ourselves using the same device/OS as you with no issues, and we have not received any emails about it.

Try deleting and redownloading the app.

Thanks for the feedback! We are now the No.1 iPad entertainment app in multiple countries!

Download before it switches to paid!

FIPLAB - We make Fascinatingly Interesting Propositions
-> Follow us on Twitter!
-> Add us on Facebook!
11-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBA View Post
That's really strange, we've tested it ourselves using the same device/OS as you with no issues, and we have not received any emails about it.

Try deleting and redownloading the app.

Thanks for the feedback! We are now the No.1 iPad entertainment app in multiple countries!

Download before it switches to paid!
Did try a fresh sync but still nothing as far as the mic goes I've used quite a few apps that use voice but this is the only one so far it hasn't worked. Everything about the app seems to work fine except for it not picking up any voices.

If it helps you any I'm on a 64gb 3rd Gen on IOS 4.1 (unjailbroken) and using the apple mic/remote earphones that come with it, applications that have worked for me so far with the mic are Amplify'd, Awareness!, Voice Changer Plus, Nano Studio and Skype.

Might be there is something unique to me but I can't see it as I haven't had any problems elsewhere but I'll keep it in itunes anyway though and report on this thread if any updates or anything change the situation.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
11-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Are these real-time 3D graphics or prerendered digitized sprites a-la Donkey Kong Country?

Check out my video reviews!Click here
11-22-2010, 12:28 AM
that looks imba! hahaha
imba ka pre!

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?
11-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Very strange it's working for me now I decided to try it again after updating to IOS 4.2 and it now picks up my voice I've no clue how that fixed it or why my other voice apps didn't have any problems but I guess the important thing is it's working.

Very strange and I have no idea.