★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What are good games to play at work?

03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
What are good games to play at work?

For people who have a desk job, are there any games you'd recommend for the minutes between phone calls, meetings, or projects? I'm looking for something i can hop on and off easily, and something that maybe you could even show off if necessary.. Ideally this would help the day pass more quickly!

I'm sure other people are in a similar situation, or maybe even when you're in between classes or for breaks in the library?

I've been working on FlightControl, which i think is a good fit, but I was wondering if anyone else had some good suggestions? Probably nothing where I have to move too much though! I'll consider any price. Thanks in advance!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
zombieville usa it resumes were you left off if you close it and there's no tilting...scoops there's tilting but you barely have to tilt it

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

03-17-2009, 08:22 PM
geodefense - pauses and you can start up where you were
03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
ishoot

Now Playing: Doodle Jump, Card Ace, Blackjack, GTA, We Rule
Looking Forward to: Bioshock iPod
Recent purchases: GTA
03-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, Motionx poker or Motionx Poker Quest are good timewasters.
03-17-2009, 08:32 PM
I find that most puzzle games are good choices to play between calls. Generally something that has quick levels, uses the touch screen and not the accelerometer for game control, and has no time limit (nothing worse than having to remove your attention from the game to concentrate on something else and then going back to the game and finding it timed you out).
03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
I find that most puzzle games are good choices to play between calls. Generally something that has quick levels, uses the touch screen and not the accelerometer for game control, and has no time limit (nothing worse than having to remove your attention from the game to concentrate on something else and then going back to the game and finding it timed you out).
You guys have so many great suggestions!

Snow_mani, I agree with you... I though Edge was going to be perfect, but it's tough since so much is based on your time score!

Puzzle games are a good call, I haven't looked into those..

Is this a chance for me to consider Trism?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I've never been a fan of Trism. I just couldn't get into it. But I think it has some timed levels?
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Textropolis!

And if getting caught playing games at work is a problem, you can write down the city name on a piece of paper and think of words to add when you can open up the app safely!
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
I've never been a fan of Trism. I just couldn't get into it. But I think it has some timed levels?
Me neither, was way too boring. Might i advise Smiles? It is a terrific puzzle game that is horrendously underrated.