★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Interview with ChuChu Rocket's devs

11-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Interview with ChuChu Rocket's devs

Slide to play just ran an interview with ChuChu Rocket on iPhone devs Binary Hammer. The whole interview is interesting, but my eyebrows were raised by this particular exchange.

Quote:
What other Dreamcast games do you think would be a good fit for iOS? Does BH have any involvement in other Sega ports?

Bob: Well, the first brands that immediately come to mind are Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, House of the Dead, and Shenmue. Seaman could be an interesting project as well. We are talking to Sega about more conversions, but Iím not able to provide any details yet!
Shenmue?!? Jet Grind Radio?!? Am I the only one who has his fingers crossed?
11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Coincidentally I was looking at the Jet Set Radio wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Set_Radio) and saw this:

"As of March 2009, Sega has recently renewed the Jet Set Radio/Grind Radio and ChuChu Rocket trademarks in the U.S. Speculation has lead to believe that both are soon to be rereleased on Xbox Live and/or PSN."

That wouldn't be odd if Chu Chu wasn't just released on iOS.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3

11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
Coincidentally I was looking at the Jet Set Radio wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Set_Radio) and saw this:

"As of March 2009, Sega has recently renewed the Jet Set Radio/Grind Radio and ChuChu Rocket trademarks in the U.S. Speculation has lead to believe that both are soon to be rereleased on Xbox Live and/or PSN."

That wouldn't be odd if Chu Chu wasn't just released on iOS.
The plot thickens...
11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
And to add:

http://toucharcade.com/2010/04/26/je...-xbla-in-2010/

"At that time, a trademark filing revived the Jet Grind Radio trademark to include games for "mobile phones" as well as "downloadable game programs" which had given us some hope for an iPhone port. Of course, SEGA's sub-par iPhone gaming releases since that time have left us far less hopeful that we'll see a proper Jet Grind Radio game in the App Store."

But with Sonic 4 and Chu Chu both being decent ports...

We will see this in the future.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
11-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Shenmue?!? Jet Grind Radio?!? Am I the only one who has his fingers crossed?
Bet I'm not the only one facepalming at the very prospect.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Bet I'm not the only one facepalming at the very prospect.
Facepalm away, my friend. Jet Grind Radio has already been talked about as a pretty natural port for the platform. As to Shenmue -- well, I'd love to see someone try to make it work.
11-17-2010, 08:23 PM
This is what makes me slightly happier...

"What updates are coming in the future for ChuChu Rocket?

Bob: We have already submitted an update that includes many bug fixes and enhancements as well as including 100 extra levels. Other features that are in progress for future updates include proper online multiplayer through Game Center, support for Retina display, and of course lots more levels."
11-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Facepalm away, my friend. Jet Grind Radio has already been talked about as a pretty natural port for the platform. As to Shenmue -- well, I'd love to see someone try to make it work.
Oh yeah, just because JSR features a few gestures automatically means it'd be perfect. On the 3DS perhaps.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
11-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Oh yeah, just because JSR features a few gestures automatically means it'd be perfect. On the 3DS perhaps.
Nothing automatic about it. If it's done well, it could work. If it's done poorly it will suck. By the way, that would be true on the 3DS as well.

Are you in a bad mood, Midian? You don't usually come across like a jerk.
11-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Seaman is Awsome and belongs in iOS

total money spent in app store sence 8-15-08
last music download: EL CREEPO!Todd Smith is putting out some amazing stuff
GAMECENTER = eyemh8 add me