★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: iBomber Defense combines classic tower defense gameplay with the intense action and strategy of the original iBomber games.

Keep enemies at bay all over the world using a variety of weapons and tactics, from rattling machine guns, explosive cannons and awesome anti-aircraft artillery!

What the Press said:

"may be the best tower defense game in the App Store" - AppAdvice

"shines as one of the most fun strategy games out there" - TouchGen

"the man's man of tower defense games" - TouchArcade

"it's a refreshing approach to the tower defense game" - QWERTY Hub

Choose from Quick play and Campaign modes and battle across North Africa, Europe and Russia as both the Allied and Axis forces.

Position your defenses and prepare for attack. Strategically plan your defenses for a successful campaign and destroy the enemies in a hail of bullets and artillery fire!.

For extra difficulty, play the Bonus Missions and see if you can survive!

iBomber Defense is the complete entertainment package with hours of action packed fun and deep strategic game play.

Key features:
- 22 challenging and unique levels across a vast campaign
- Huge variety of weapons to fight the enemy; AA Guns, Artillery, Machine Gun Nests and more!
- Use Counter Attacks, Rewinds and the High Ground all to your advantage
- 3 tiers of difficulty
- Action packed game play and deep strategy
- Welcome to the world of iBomber

Like iBomber? Have you tried our other iBomber games?

To find out more about exciting Cobra Mobile games and get the latest news, come LIKE us on Facebook (facebook.com/cobramobile) or follow @cobramobile on Twitter.

iBomber is a registered trademark and brand name of Cobra Mobile Limited.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

11-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I like the artwork, though castle defense has never appealed to me much if that's what this is.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

Last edited by nikhsterboi; 11-17-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Typos

11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
I like the artwork, though castle defence it that's what this is has never appealed to me.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Cobra Mobile + Chillingo mashed up?

iBomber series is cool, and this should be another great game by Cobra Mobile.

Twitter: @niezam - Game Center: niezam
11-17-2010, 10:45 PM
ok its out in the U.S. now, anyone gonna try it and comment?

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
11-17-2010, 11:05 PM
this looks like a TD to me. ipad support, low price of $3, AND ww2 themed (my favorite)... i'll probably end up buying tomorrow morning, will check out rage hd first.

graphics look beautiful.
11-17-2010, 11:13 PM
I bought it. I've only had a chance to play a couple of rounds of Quickplay, but I think I've got a general idea of what the game is like.

In a sentence, it's a very polished tower defense game. I'd compare it to Fieldrunners, Tower Madness and Last Front: Europe. It's got a military theme to it. It looks nice. The sound effects are pretty decent. If you've played iBomber, then you've got a very good idea of how the game looks, but you'll be disappointed to know that the game really has no other connection to iBomber. I was hoping for some game elements similar to iBomber with airplanes and bombing runs, but from what I can tell, there's nothing of the sort so far. Granted, I've not played any of the campaign, but based on the screens in the Help menu, there aren't any moving vehicles.

Just like in Tower Madness, Fieldrunners and Last Front, the object is to keep the enemy from advancing to your base. You're given a certain amount of lives. You lose if too many enemy units make it to your base. You're given a number of defensive units. The units work with each other to increase their effectiveness, so you need to plan your strategy early. You're able to repair and upgrade your units as you earn money. Everything was very familiar because I'm a big fan of the genre and have played all of the similar titles.

As far as the graphics are concerned, I'd compare them to Last Front, but the sprites are much smaller. The enemy foot soldiers are extremely tiny. The other enemy vehicles are similarly small, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Despite their small size, the graphics are quite nice and everything about the game is quite polished.

To answer some other common questions: there is a fast forward button, you can control music and SFX separately, and you can play your own music. All good things.

Bottomline, if you like the genre, you can't really go wrong at the current price. I would have liked it if the game had incorporated some of the iBomber elements, but as a tower defense game, I think it holds it's own against the others that I've listed here. Again, I haven't played any of the campaign yet, so new elements might be added as I progress, but I can't say for sure at this point. I'd give it 5/5 for presentation, polish and overall playability, but would have liked to see more to separate it from the other great tower defense games out there, so I'd have to give it a 2/5 on originality.

Time to go play more Rage!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

Last edited by CzarCastic; 11-17-2010 at 11:17 PM.
11-17-2010, 11:18 PM
thanks czar, based on the super blurry youtube video and your comments, sounds like this is exactly what i like.

although unlike you, i was hoping this game DIDN'T have anything to do with the iBomber games, as i found those 2 frustratingly claustrophobic.

i'll grab this first, don't feel like waiting for rage hd to download for half an hour... before i go to bed.
11-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Finally a developer that gets it! Thank you for using universal support!

As for the game itself I'm very interested and will probably cave soon and pick it up. While they didn't have universal support last I checked, the iBomber series was really neat. It looks like this one uses the same cartoony pinup art style that the previous games used which is a big plus in my book.
11-18-2010, 12:33 AM
This game looks good, but a gameplay video would really help. The YouTube channel in the description doesn't have any for this game yet.