★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

All Developers,Mods, and Administrators please read this and pass the message

11-18-2010, 03:13 AM
All Developers please read this and pass the message

I been reading alot of threads , with the canabalt thread wining ridiculous thread of decade award . I see alot of people complaining about prices in different threads .

"Oh its not worth $2.99 , your breaking my wallet " .

" Oh no $1.99 is the dev crazy , 99 cent or nothing is my motto "

" he had the nerve to charge $2.99 , what type of human being are you "

" I dont care if its 3D with playstation graphics , 99 cent should be the maximum allowed !!! Who the hell does gameloft think they are !?! "

" For $6.99 I could buy 9 games for 99 cents , so dummies waste your money , I must be the only one who can do math over here "

" today I lost all respect for Rovio , he stole angry birds from chillingo , and has the nerve release a halloween version for 99 cents !!! Its should be free that stealing bastard !!

And even bloggers have something to say

" Everyone we need to make a stand today or pay dearly later . Apple and the developers have a secret plan .Apple launched the ipad and told developers to start price gouging . I mean $5.99 for a game I could buy a console game with that type of money . Look I dont mind the $1,99 or even $2.99 sometimes its worth it . But $5.99 now you developers cross the line
and are stepping in forbidden territory . Thats premium money I can do alot with $5.99 . At $5.99 you are impairing my ability to pay bills and support my own family. I once saw a game listed at $9.99 and almost past out. Are you ****ing crazy !! $9.99 how the hell I am supposed to pay rent !!

Now for the point of all this , a very important point. As developers we should not and can not let people jugde what our art is worth . Whatever effort you put into the game , that dictates the price . Dont let people push you around and tell you how to price your app . Yes all developers 1st game or app should be 99 cents to get a feel for the market . After that you should price your app according to work you put into it. At 99 cent your game or app is just another game or app . At a higher price the people who pay will appreciate you app , give you suggestions and support you . Thank you for your time in reading this.

Last edited by Krehol Games; 11-18-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: tone down
11-18-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't see the point of this thread (including the calling on Mods & Admins?) when the pricing topic has been discussed so throughly in this dev. forum alone. Still, I must admit that blog post you've quoted was really amusing )
People risking not paying their bills because of the devs plotting together pricing apps $6 and above! Are you sure it wasn't in a sarcastic context? Where is it from?

My games: Aeterius: Contact Wars ($0.99), BUMPscape (FREE)
Follow me on Twitter: @crystalapps
Like Crystal Apps on Facebook!

11-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Haha, some of those quotes are ridiculous. I would also like to see their 'source'.

Yeah well, 12 year olds have tight pockets, its a fact. Doesn't mean you have to write a thread about it.

You complaining about how they're complaining doesn't improve the situation. We all know how ridiculous the situation is, but hey ho.

www.oneclickmac.com - News, Reviews and Discussion on Mac App Store Gaming.

Latest Reviews:
RAGE Mafia II Doodle Fit
11-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	26132
11-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Its actually the other way around there are a lit of 99c games that are worth more than 99c
11-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Haha that one about the rent sure seems like it has to be a joke, if the dude can't pay rent maybe he shouldn't have spent money on buying the idevice in the first place.
11-18-2010, 03:06 PM

Most of those quotes can from the canabalt thread. I sat there and read the whole 40 or so pages . It took me 3 hours , mainly because I was laughing my a$$ off . The member freedog was most ridiculous saying Adam Atomic payed Hoapp off which is absurd.

The Rovio comes from itunes the angry birds halloween special . Some people thought he ripped chillingo off . The blog I cant find but maybe some thing where exagerated as far as the blog is concerned.
11-20-2010, 10:47 AM
The problem is the free app a day type promotions are killing even the 99 cent price point.

I don't buy apps from anyone that takes part in those promotions because of the expectation that I will get offered it free at some point. But some will not notice the names involved and just expect everything to reach free at some point. It will not.
11-21-2010, 05:52 AM
I buy a ton of games and even now, a few years after the app store launched, I still often think "what? this game is a buck? Wasn't I paying $40-50 bucks for a crappier version of this game on the SNES/Playstation just a little while ago?". Maybe I'm just old.

As for the free app trend: as a gamer I don't get selling your game for a few weeks and then giving it away free, even for a day. You feel suckered and I don't think thats entitlement, just reality. A year after release when your launching a new game? Sure. At that point your game is basically an ad for the next one.

Then again, as a developer I know how hard it is. If giving away a few tens of thousands of copies (to people who will probably never even play it) will give you the chart position you need to pay the rent, I get it.
11-22-2010, 06:00 PM

I hope developers are talking notes of the concern of gamers . Dropping prices , changing them to free , alot of things need to change to gain ground and consumer sales.