★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Absolutely amazing, beautiful, fun and FREE!. Plasma Globe is fascinating to watch and even more fun to play with! Just touch the screen and watch when "electric bolts" of glowing light follow your fingers!

This visual interactive masterpiece takes full advantage of the Retina display in order to bring beautiful and crisp graphics along with addictive lighting effects and sounds! Amaze your friends and get hooked by this gorgeous and stunning looking product which you get totally free!

ArturID's comments:
Did you wonder what an iPhone developer can create in 24 hours in order to profit at maximum from the astonishing possibilities of the Retina Display? Well, we at Infinite Dreams decided to check it out and take the chance to create something really amazing

Our new project - Plasma Globe - has been designed, developed and submitted to App Store in just 24 hours! Now you can check it for FREE. Please let us know what you think about it. Your comments are most welcome.

11-18-2010, 04:44 AM
I just tried it, its pretty cool for free. Not as cool as that Volt app but its alright. I can see you made this into somewhat of a quickplay defense game as well which is kinda neat.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

11-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I just tried it, its pretty cool for free. Not as cool as that Volt app but its alright. I can see you made this into somewhat of a quickplay defense game as well which is kinda neat.
Defense Game...hmmm... cool idea huh?
11-18-2010, 05:18 AM
yeah it was a cool idea. My impression of the app is good, the plasma globe looks nice graphically, but when you drag on the screen the lighting and effects sometimes don't seem totally accurate or as fluid/natural as they could be, the way the lightning follows compared to on a real plasma globe. So while I like the app (cant complain for free, glad I DLed it) it could have been a tad more realistic and the defense game part could have had a little more depth added to it.

Haa, I sound critical but I really like the app that's why I'm making the suggestions or pointing these things out, I can picture this app being better if worked on some more. But I can see you decided to go the simple game for free route so thats cool too.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
11-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
yeah it was a cool idea. My impression of the app is good, the plasma globe looks nice graphically, but when you drag on the screen the lighting and effects sometimes don't seem totally accurate or as fluid/natural as they could be, the way the lightning follows compared to on a real plasma globe. So while I like the app (cant complain for free, glad I DLed it) it could have been a tad more realistic and the defense game part could have had a little more depth added to it.

Haa, I sound critical but I really like the app that's why I'm making the suggestions or pointing these things out, I can picture this app being better if worked on some more. But I can see you decided to go the simple game for free route so thats cool too.
Thanks for your opinion freedog. It's only 24h project and now we are gathering feedback. Your thoughts are very value for us.
11-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Just wanted to add that you can use more than one finger to destroy incoming plasma balls - hope this helps .

Infinite Dreams Inc. member - http://idreams.pl | Follow Infinite Dreams on Twitter: http://twitter.com/idreamsgames
11-22-2010, 09:33 AM
We are more than happy to announce that our free Plasma Globe app was already downloaded by 100K people! To celebrate this fact soon we will release first big update. The new version (1.10) will include Game Center support, ability to choose difficult level and very important optimization for older iOS devices! Stay tuned for more info!

Last edited by ArturID; 11-22-2010 at 10:05 AM.
11-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey Touch Arcade users! The update for Plasma Globe was submitted for the review. Stay tuned for forthcoming goodies.
12-10-2010, 06:23 AM
12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Plasma Globe has been downloaded over 1.5 million times since its release! Big thank you!

We would also like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We wish for the best and good luck to everyone! Enjoy the holidays and see you back in 2011!

Infinite Dreams Inc. member - http://idreams.pl | Follow Infinite Dreams on Twitter: http://twitter.com/idreamsgames