★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyPotter View Post
Don't get your hopes up too high.

The PSP version is about 580 MB minimum, multi-language up to over 1 GB. So now the iPhone version should have with iPhone-Graphics-normal and Retina-graphics included two different graphics sets.

And with that only 359 mb? That says the NZ store..

I bet there are many levels missing and you can only play 40 % or so of the game

EDIT: So universally means iPad also included: Graphic files (ipad)+(iPhone)+(retina) + rest files << PSP graphic files + rest

Never ever the same amount of levels as in the PSP version
Or it's just compressed well.

CoD Zombies was only 14mb at release, very small for what it was.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
11-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to see some impressions. Love how many games are now coming as universals. Big HP fan but never really played the Lego games. They do look fun though. I hope that when/if they add the other years they add it as IAP rather than a separate app.

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11

11-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM11 View Post
Love how many games are now coming as universals.
I don't know.. Imagine all of your "big" games go universal, and you have before of that transmission 5 GB of them. So in every case you get installed 2 graphic file versions installed, always. That means that at least 2,5-3 GB free space get wasted, because at the end all retina universial versions will spend 7,5-8 GB space. Imagine what you could do with all this GB free space instead
11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger777UK View Post
looks great!
downloading now!!
Post some impressions please
11-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Hmm started some digging, an old walkthrough speaks of 41 levels:

http://www.gamerzines.com/guides/leg...rough-year-14/
http://www.gamerzines.com/guides/leg...hrough-year-4/

(first link only years 1-3)

So 40+ in the iPhone app description seems legit

My only open question now: Are ALL of the CGI movie clips between the levels included?? Because the movie clips could even waste more space than the level graphics!

Please some NZ check if there are any movie clips available between levels, not just a intro movie but something after in progress in the game between levels..
11-18-2010, 07:16 AM
does it even work on iPhone 2G? O_o

if yes, I must have it

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
11-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Could it not be that the intros are done with the actual game engine, and not be video files. Lets all just wait and see.
11-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Could some one answer if the movement is though digital analog stick or through tap-to-go, also if smashing of objects to gain lego points tap-to-smash or with action button in the right under corner or so?
11-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Curious about the controls, hopefully there are both touch and virtual stick options.

I am so excited about this one! From the description, it seems like the same game as the other consoles/portables and these can be played for ages with all of the collectables.

Here's to hoping that the Lego Star Wars and Indy games will some day be ported... not holding my breath though...

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
11-18-2010, 07:54 AM
not a real fan of HP, but might give this a shot... would be better if it was indiana jones or star wars... hint hint

add me on PSN = uranium65