Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-21-2010, 11:32 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Deleted post

Last edited by ArcheAngel; 11-21-2010 at 11:40 AM..
Old 11-21-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
Lol.
Saying you wish older devices won't be supported because you got a newer device? That's like saying "oh I just got a new car, now I wish the roads won't be compatible with anything less than a Ferrari".
I'm pretty sure you would say that if you didn't have a 4G eh?
And complaining "games aren't good because we made it so that it supports older devices", that's complete BS. There's a reason why there are HD versions of games in the store. If Rage can work on iPhone 3G so smoothly, a simply lego game can't? If ID can make a 1GB game that lasts only half an hour, how many extra lines of code does it take to support older devices? I doubt it will take 1GB worth of code to support an iPhone that's 99% the same.
Your argument is kind of self defeating. I got a 4th gen because that's the way developers are going. I could have stuck with my original 2G, but I bought a 3GS when developers were moving that way, and I bought a 4th gen now because that's where the games I want to play are headed. I could have just complained that the games don't work on my 2G, but I accepted that technology moves on and developers move with it.

So saying I'd be complaining if I did't have a 4th gen is missing the point completely--I bought a 4th gen because I accept that's where the tech is headed and thought I'd do something other than complain.

And the truth is, I wouldn't have complained even if I hadn't bought a 4th gen because I always had that option.

Ya, it gets expensive--and when the 5th gen comes out I'll have to decide if the improvements are enough to warrant a purchase. Probably I'm going to sell my 2g and 3GS here soon as there's really not a point keeping them any longer (my fourth gen isn't a phone, but my company recently switched to Verizon so I had to get a Blackberry Storm2 anyway. Needless to say, my 3GS was a much better phone). Maybe I'll save that money toward a 5th gen when they come out.

If games didn't clearly say what devises they require, then I'd fully support people complaining. But if a game says it's not compatible with your device, you buy it anyway, then I think leaving a one star review is pretty crappy.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:40 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Look the developer only chose to have the game supported on 3rd & 4th gen devices.

Plain & simple.

You don't need stupid analogies that only fit your point of view to try & convert people to believe you just made some outstanding discovery.

The game works well on the devices it's compatable with & that's the end of it.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:58 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Argh! Why isn't this out in the Hong Kong AppStore? Developers/Publishers/App Gods please release this over here. Why are you depriving Hong Kong people of Harry Potter Lego awesomeness?! If this concern has already been addressed and will be resolved soon then my apologies, if not, then dammit get on it already! Please.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:04 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Lego Pirates of the Carribean?

I really hope the make a Lego POTC for any system!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Lol.
Saying you wish older devices won't be supported because you got a newer device? That's like saying "oh I just got a new car, now I wish the roads won't be compatible with anything less than a Ferrari".
I'm pretty sure you would say that if you didn't have a 4G eh?
And complaining "games aren't good because we made it so that it supports older devices", that's complete BS. There's a reason why there are HD versions of games in the store. If Rage can work on iPhone 3G so smoothly, a simply lego game can't? If ID can make a 1GB game that lasts only half an hour, how many extra lines of code does it take to support older devices? I doubt it will take 1GB worth of code to support an iPhone that's 99% the same.
No I think you misunderstood the statement. First he said he was covered with all the devices. And the disappointment would be that the developers are holding back on their capabilities just to support the older devices. If backwards compatibility was possible great, but if not, why shoot yourself in the foot if you can develop more? He even quoted a recent game developer stating he could have done more if not held back by the capacity of the lower device.

What it is really like is - I still have my 128kb memory green screened dos computer - I want EVERY SINGLE game to come out and support it (even though processors, RAM and HD capacity and just about every other aspect are like a million times that now) but hey come on devs, I want to use my old computer!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBM05 View Post
Your argument is kind of self defeating. I got a 4th gen because that's the way developers are going. I could have stuck with my original 2G, but I bought a 3GS when developers were moving that way, and I bought a 4th gen now because that's where the games I want to play are headed. I could have just complained that the games don't work on my 2G, but I accepted that technology moves on and developers move with it.

So saying I'd be complaining if I did't have a 4th gen is missing the point completely--I bought a 4th gen because I accept that's where the tech is headed and thought I'd do something other than complain.

And the truth is, I wouldn't have complained even if I hadn't bought a 4th gen because I always had that option.

Ya, it gets expensive--and when the 5th gen comes out I'll have to decide if the improvements are enough to warrant a purchase. Probably I'm going to sell my 2g and 3GS here soon as there's really not a point keeping them any longer (my fourth gen isn't a phone, but my company recently switched to Verizon so I had to get a Blackberry Storm2 anyway. Needless to say, my 3GS was a much better phone). Maybe I'll save that money toward a 5th gen when they come out.

If games didn't clearly say what devises they require, then I'd fully support people complaining. But if a game says it's not compatible with your device, you buy it anyway, then I think leaving a one star review is pretty crappy.

+1 for your awesomeness
Old 11-21-2010, 12:36 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Lol.
lol, its just reality. Older devices have less computing power than newer ones. At some point devs move on. You can't expect them to develop different versions of every game just so your 5 year old phone still gets a version...
Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Just got the game and I am very impressed so far. The cut scenes are a little long for a portable game, but I am fine with this because they are so well done I wouldn't want them to end if it wasn't for the awesome gameplay that comes after them. I can't believe how well polished the graphics are during the cut scenes. It is all very well done.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Developer
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Polished, great story play, universal app, cheap. Best purchase ever!

But probably need some fixing on the save feature. It should save all the time.

Last edited by Grumps; 11-21-2010 at 01:23 PM..