Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #911  
Old 04-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Kingbuilder Kingbuilder is offline
Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Default

This is a pretty good game, but it's limited by some pretty huge flaws:

1. Difficulty to collect characters - The game made it way too difficult to collect characters. They should have done like Lego Star Wars and let when you meet or defeat the characters you collect them. It isn't fun going through an entire Lego game with only 10 characters.

2. Overusage of "shape-drawing" for spells - It's annoying to have to draw out so many shapes on your screen and it's just a hindrance to the gameplay and overall not very immersive.

3. Lack of battling - Completely deprives the game of it's action and fun when you only fight 3-7 enemies per level.

4. Inability to jump - You can't control when your character jumps or have the freedom to jump whenever you want. This decreases any possible platforming and gives you less freedom.

5. No pause feature - if you exit the game to the home menu in the middle of a level the game will delete your progress for the level.

Well, those were my rants. Sure, it's a good game, but it's waaaaay far from perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #912  
Old 04-09-2011, 04:49 AM
yongkykun yongkykun is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbuilder View Post
This is a pretty good game, but it's limited by some pretty huge flaws:

1. Difficulty to collect characters - The game made it way too difficult to collect characters. They should have done like Lego Star Wars and let when you meet or defeat the characters you collect them. It isn't fun going through an entire Lego game with only 10 characters.

2. Overusage of "shape-drawing" for spells - It's annoying to have to draw out so many shapes on your screen and it's just a hindrance to the gameplay and overall not very immersive.

3. Lack of battling - Completely deprives the game of it's action and fun when you only fight 3-7 enemies per level.

4. Inability to jump - You can't control when your character jumps or have the freedom to jump whenever you want. This decreases any possible platforming and gives you less freedom.

5. No pause feature - if you exit the game to the home menu in the middle of a level the game will delete your progress for the level.

Well, those were my rants. Sure, it's a good game, but it's waaaaay far from perfect.
Huh? I've played this game and got to 100%. Sometimes I even would play the game just for killing time on the bus and listen to the iconic tune.

1. All you have to do is play the games until halfway through the 4th movie/book. Then you can play the previous books from start to finish and get all of the collectibles. Can't get any easier than that.

2. It is removable with a powerup.

3. Since it's an iDevice port, fighting more enemies than you need to will only upset you as a player. You're already ranting about collecting characters, you'll bust your iDevice if they were to make you fight more than 7 enemies at one time.

4. Don't see why you need to jump. The game works and plays well without it.

5. There is a pause menu and it plays right back to where you left off. Are you sure you're running the latest firmware?
Reply With Quote
  #913  
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
porkchop porkchop is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 434
Default

Is it normal that on my 3rd gen touch it has alil framerate problem?????????
Reply With Quote
  #914  
Old 04-24-2011, 06:12 PM
calhal calhal is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2
Default Girls’ Toilet

Anyone know where the two character tokens are in the Girls’ Toilet, Year 1 in Free Play? I can only find one.
Reply With Quote
  #915  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 PM
mturner871 mturner871 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Default No Patronus?

I'm stuck in "pursuing peter pettigrew" because it won't let me cast patronus. once i cast the spell and tap the dementor, I try drawing circles around it but the dementor won't disappear. I have tried going into previous levels (it worked before then stopped all of a sudden) and now it won't work in those either. I have the iPhone version. If anyone could help me, that would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #916  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
DodgerBlue016 DodgerBlue016 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturner871 View Post
I'm stuck in "pursuing peter pettigrew" because it won't let me cast patronus. once i cast the spell and tap the dementor, I try drawing circles around it but the dementor won't disappear. I have tried going into previous levels (it worked before then stopped all of a sudden) and now it won't work in those either. I have the iPhone version. If anyone could help me, that would be great.
Only make one slow, single circle. That should fix everything, b/c if you do more than one it won't work....
Reply With Quote
  #917  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 PM
mturner871 mturner871 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
Only make one slow, single circle. That should fix everything, b/c if you do more than one it won't work....
thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #918  
Old 07-04-2012, 03:33 AM
CreepingDeath CreepingDeath is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Default Game crashing

Hi all,sorry if this has been asked before but I am playing this on the new iPad and I have got to the end of year 2 and I get to the boss fight but I keep falling through gaps in the level and the game exits right out and I loose my progress.

Any ideas please ?
Reply With Quote
  #919  
Old 09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
chattycathy chattycathy is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 62
Default

Sorry for revivingan old thread, but it seemed the only option.
When I open up the game, it starts going through the intro scenes, but when I get to the part with Harry waking up, the game freezes and stops working. I've tried restarting, redownloading, and closing all background apps. Any suggestions? I'm on an iPad 2 ios 6 btw.
Reply With Quote
  #920  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Gwarmaxx Gwarmaxx is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NCC 1701 A
Posts: 1,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattycathy View Post
Sorry for revivingan old thread, but it seemed the only option.
When I open up the game, it starts going through the intro scenes, but when I get to the part with Harry waking up, the game freezes and stops working. I've tried restarting, redownloading, and closing all background apps. Any suggestions? I'm on an iPad 2 ios 6 btw.
maybe is the new iOS in conflict with not updated old games... i'm keepin the 5.1.1 version
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent