Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-09-2011, 04:08 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This is a pretty good game, but it's limited by some pretty huge flaws:

1. Difficulty to collect characters - The game made it way too difficult to collect characters. They should have done like Lego Star Wars and let when you meet or defeat the characters you collect them. It isn't fun going through an entire Lego game with only 10 characters.

2. Overusage of "shape-drawing" for spells - It's annoying to have to draw out so many shapes on your screen and it's just a hindrance to the gameplay and overall not very immersive.

3. Lack of battling - Completely deprives the game of it's action and fun when you only fight 3-7 enemies per level.

4. Inability to jump - You can't control when your character jumps or have the freedom to jump whenever you want. This decreases any possible platforming and gives you less freedom.

5. No pause feature - if you exit the game to the home menu in the middle of a level the game will delete your progress for the level.

Well, those were my rants. Sure, it's a good game, but it's waaaaay far from perfect.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:49 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbuilder View Post
This is a pretty good game, but it's limited by some pretty huge flaws:

1. Difficulty to collect characters - The game made it way too difficult to collect characters. They should have done like Lego Star Wars and let when you meet or defeat the characters you collect them. It isn't fun going through an entire Lego game with only 10 characters.

2. Overusage of "shape-drawing" for spells - It's annoying to have to draw out so many shapes on your screen and it's just a hindrance to the gameplay and overall not very immersive.

3. Lack of battling - Completely deprives the game of it's action and fun when you only fight 3-7 enemies per level.

4. Inability to jump - You can't control when your character jumps or have the freedom to jump whenever you want. This decreases any possible platforming and gives you less freedom.

5. No pause feature - if you exit the game to the home menu in the middle of a level the game will delete your progress for the level.

Well, those were my rants. Sure, it's a good game, but it's waaaaay far from perfect.
Huh? I've played this game and got to 100%. Sometimes I even would play the game just for killing time on the bus and listen to the iconic tune.

1. All you have to do is play the games until halfway through the 4th movie/book. Then you can play the previous books from start to finish and get all of the collectibles. Can't get any easier than that.

2. It is removable with a powerup.

3. Since it's an iDevice port, fighting more enemies than you need to will only upset you as a player. You're already ranting about collecting characters, you'll bust your iDevice if they were to make you fight more than 7 enemies at one time.

4. Don't see why you need to jump. The game works and plays well without it.

5. There is a pause menu and it plays right back to where you left off. Are you sure you're running the latest firmware?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Is it normal that on my 3rd gen touch it has alil framerate problem?????????
Old 04-24-2011, 06:12 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Girls’ Toilet

Anyone know where the two character tokens are in the Girls’ Toilet, Year 1 in Free Play? I can only find one.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 PM

Default No Patronus?

I'm stuck in "pursuing peter pettigrew" because it won't let me cast patronus. once i cast the spell and tap the dementor, I try drawing circles around it but the dementor won't disappear. I have tried going into previous levels (it worked before then stopped all of a sudden) and now it won't work in those either. I have the iPhone version. If anyone could help me, that would be great.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturner871 View Post
I'm stuck in "pursuing peter pettigrew" because it won't let me cast patronus. once i cast the spell and tap the dementor, I try drawing circles around it but the dementor won't disappear. I have tried going into previous levels (it worked before then stopped all of a sudden) and now it won't work in those either. I have the iPhone version. If anyone could help me, that would be great.
Only make one slow, single circle. That should fix everything, b/c if you do more than one it won't work....
Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
Only make one slow, single circle. That should fix everything, b/c if you do more than one it won't work....
thank you!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Game crashing

Hi all,sorry if this has been asked before but I am playing this on the new iPad and I have got to the end of year 2 and I get to the boss fight but I keep falling through gaps in the level and the game exits right out and I loose my progress.

Any ideas please ?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Sorry for revivingan old thread, but it seemed the only option.
When I open up the game, it starts going through the intro scenes, but when I get to the part with Harry waking up, the game freezes and stops working. I've tried restarting, redownloading, and closing all background apps. Any suggestions? I'm on an iPad 2 ios 6 btw.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattycathy View Post
Sorry for revivingan old thread, but it seemed the only option.
When I open up the game, it starts going through the intro scenes, but when I get to the part with Harry waking up, the game freezes and stops working. I've tried restarting, redownloading, and closing all background apps. Any suggestions? I'm on an iPad 2 ios 6 btw.
maybe is the new iOS in conflict with not updated old games... i'm keepin the 5.1.1 version