★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any way to reset saved game in Angry Birds HD?

11-18-2010, 09:42 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 75
Any way to reset saved game in Angry Birds HD?

my flatmate played angry birds hd on my ipad - now he managed to finish it and allowed me to use my ipad for myself again i'd also like to play it but didnt find a way to reset his saved game... kinda pointless to play it when all stars were collected by someone else... i tried to delete and reinstall, but the saved game is still there.

any help would be really appreciated,
thanks in advance
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,968
Delete the game and reinstall it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

11-18-2010, 12:01 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 75
thanks for your reply, drelbs, but i already tried this... the saved game is still there. any other suggestions?
anyone?
11-18-2010, 12:10 PM
#4
Did you reinstall it from your sync?

Try deleting and redownloading from the app store instead.

Make sure next time you sync you hit back up first to be safe.
11-18-2010, 12:19 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,568
Logging out of Crystal might help.

But yeah, deleting it and reinstalling it from the AppStore should reset all the data.

Twitter: @Zincous
11-18-2010, 12:54 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Logging out of Crystal might help.

But yeah, deleting it and reinstalling it from the AppStore should reset all the data.
i don't even use crystal... and reinstalled a version i just downloaded off the app store..

strange... maybe i'll have to wait til a new ipad is released :-(
11-18-2010, 01:23 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingBore View Post
i don't even use crystal... and reinstalled a version i just downloaded off the app store..

strange... maybe i'll have to wait til a new ipad is released :-(
What... you deleted it from the itunes on your pC and downloaded the app again and it is still showing all your scores?! That can't be happening!

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
11-18-2010, 02:06 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
What... you deleted it from the itunes on your pC and downloaded the app again and it is still showing all your scores?! That can't be happening!
where is the save game stored?
i'm considering to restore my ipad, hope that'll help
02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingBore View Post
where is the save game stored?
i'm considering to restore my ipad, hope that'll help
I'm having the same issue with a different game (Spice Pirates); does the restore do the trick?
02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermondo View Post
I'm having the same issue with a different game (Spice Pirates); does the restore do the trick?
Spice Pirates stores your info on their servers, or maybe iCloud I'm not sure, either way a restore would just be a waste of time as they would still have your data.